Comriecroft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,me and Sophie made it back ok,it was a bit hairy driving back over towards Braco with all that snow:drive: :eek: luckily the gritter came the other way as i think we may have had a couple of extra nights out :rolleyes:
Anyway heres a couple of photos
Heres Sophie at the pond
sophie640x480.jpg

Pond with burn running in
pond2640x480.jpg

More of the pond
pond640x480.jpg

The burn running through campsite
wfall640x480.jpg

Looking east from the pond
east640x480.jpg

Fungi on Birch in the woods
cfungi2640x480.jpg

Lavuu in the woods
DSCI0009640x480.jpg

And last but not least our very own Mary(Toddy) working out with the poi,here shes practicing for the next meetup and if anyone steps out of line, then all you will hear is whoosh,Smack,oooouchh,followed by the line"consider yourself moderated" in an Arnold Schwarzenegger tone :)
mary640x480.jpg

Sorry Mary i could'nt resist ;)

Anyway enough of the frivolity,another great meet.

Sophie would also like to thank everyone for making her feel at ease around the camp fire,
also a big thank you to Denise and Mary for keeping her entertained.

Mary the tablet has vanished already:rolleyes:

Cheers to all,and see you at the next one.
Stuart.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hi :D
Im glad you and Sophie mad it home safely it was good to get out the house and catch up with folks again :D
So many thanks to everyone for a grand time and for there patience with me being fairly useless :eek:
At least I managed to cut some logs with Stuarts help :rolleyes: ;) :D

I dint take many pictures of the camp as I wasn't staying over but I took one of some of the logs drying under the fire bowl :D

P1230041.jpg

And the rest are of Mary and Denise playing with fire poi :D

P1230042.jpg

P1230043.jpg

P1230044.jpg

P1230045.jpg

P1230046.jpg

P1230047.jpg

P1230048.jpg

P1230049.jpg

P1230050.jpg

Thanks again for a grand time :D

cheers Russ

Jan 9, 2009
Crieff
Hi
Thanks to all who came up to Comrie Croft at the weekend, it was good to see you again and I hope, if there’s a next time, I’ll have some time off and can hang out with you all a little more.

Take care…George

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Hi George...good to see you onboard. Really disappointed that I couldn't make the weekend. Spoke to Colin yesterday about another group booking in June so that should be a another great party if it goes ahead. Catch up soon,

Vince

Oct 8, 2006
Scotland
Hello all, I think I did the correct thing by being a girlie and going home on Saturday night. I had a great day and it was good to meet up with you all, even though it was just a small group. Toddy remember to cut the tatties a bit smaller they cook quicker.
Love to all
Denise

PS Sophie keep up the Poi practice as did great.:You_Rock_

Gailainne

Life Member
Yeah it was a good weekend, although by late Friday afternoon I thought I was gonna be there on my lonesome ;) luckily Stuart and Sophie turned up, so I did'nt feel a complete plonker under that big parachute by myself :eek:.

I didnt take many pics, but I did take a video of Denise on the fire poi plus a couple of stills of Toddy.

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0031.jpg

The difference between Saturday
CIMG0022.jpg

and Sunday
CIMG0036.jpg

Temperature of -3 deg C on saturday night, quite a bit of wind mixed with snow and rain kinda glad I took my new winter tarp along, it has doors :D
CIMG0021.jpg

Staked down
CIMG0034.jpg

George I'm still owing you for the weekend, PM me.

BTW I think the parachute needs to be a minimum of 3 ft prefer 6 ft higher, theres another fork further up on the branch I used, looks about right, but proof will be in the trying.

I also had the second generation of my flat pack stove along, I was quite chuffed with it, report to follow.
second&

Cheers

Stephen

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
BTW I think the parachute needs to be a minimum of 3 ft prefer 6 ft higher, theres another fork further up on the branch I used, looks about right, but proof will be in the trying.
Stephen

The forked branch further up was the one I put the Parachute over the last time ;)
You did well for a first attempt :D

Thanks for a grand time out :D

cheers Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE