Bore Da,cyfarchion o Cymru, Hello!, Greetings from Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 16, 2016
Aberystwyth
Hey guys and gals

I'm Jon, based in the middle of nowhere, Aberystwyth, Wales with nothing but some nice forestry and mountains and miles of coastline.

I've always been outdoorsy, hard not to when you live in this area really and always enjoyed a weekend camping wherever and whenever I can but recently started to get more interested in traditional bushcraft and making a small camp with friends and not just pitching a tent for a night! Not exactly clued up on foraging, natural remedies or more in depth areas and topics of bushcraft (A la Ray Mears) but they're not really things that bother me when I'm out, I'm not a forager!

I work in Army surplus so I suppose that's given me the extra push recently to get my **** in gear and actually start doing things this year, I just wish we had a proper summer, not this "slightly better than winter" weather but I'm hoping to put together a nice hiking/ camping ruck over the next few weeks, not ultra lightweight as i do like my comforts and to be able to cover myself for whatever the weather decides to do.

Well, nice to finally get out into the community and hope to speak to as many of you as possible!

Feb 16, 2016
Aberystwyth
Dare I say an "Epic" welcome!

Enjoy your time here

Ogri the trog

You would be very correct in wishing me an EPIC welcome! I'm really trying to turn things around here at the moment and trying to get more practical bushcraft kit, failing that well, I have my own ideas to go ahead with!

Thanks for all the Welcomes guys, I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the bushcraft life and learning a lot more skills, really looking forward to it!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Croeso! Didn't know there was an army surplus in Aber, whereabouts are you?

Sara, for the sake of decorum and not forcing a new member into breaking forum rules, a quick google search should return a result using the name that I used earlier!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Feb 16, 2016
Aberystwyth
Thanks again for all the kind welcomes, always felt at home in the bushcrafting community!

Yea, I don't want to get in any trouble so early on here, at least build up a reputation first before seeing what I can get away with aye!

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Sara, for the sake of decorum and not forcing a new member into breaking forum rules, a quick google search should return a result using the name that I used earlier!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Oh yeah, sorry, I didn't think of it like that.

Aber is sadly no-longer particularly well-provisioned when it comes to anything outdoorsy, so I just couldn't believe I'd missed a place like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE