Aberlady, some pictures..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We went for a short walk to the Aberlady Reserve, to the east of Edinburgh...

Cold but nice walking, early sunset and the moon rising..

sea buckthorn

dunes...

on the beach

footprints

driftwood

heading back over the bridge...

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice pics! Great weather for you too. :)

Never tried Sea Buckthorn, must get round to trying some sometime.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice pics! Great weather for you too. :)

Never tried Sea Buckthorn, must get round to trying some sometime.

Looks a great crop. Sea Buckthorn is very, very acid, though the flavour is nice. I eat sloes raw, but sea buckthorn is a whole different prospect. Best added to jams and things.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Looks a great crop. Sea Buckthorn is very, very acid, though the flavour is nice. I eat sloes raw, but sea buckthorn is a whole different prospect. Best added to jams and things.

I can eat raw sloes too, a mouthful gets a bit astringent though. Wondering if Sea Buckthorn would go well with fish? Would make a nice fishing and foraging trip at this time of year.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Agree with Fliterhoose, camped out on Aberlady good few years ago and walked out to xt craft mini sub, (differant type than that used to try and sink the Tirpitz i think)well whats left of it was used as target practice by Beaufighters i think, been to North Berwick sea bird centre many time with the kids.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE