A few spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hi all,

These are some recent spoonage I've been working on. A cooking spoon, a soup spoon and a general eating spoon (dessert spoon) two from spalted birch and the general eats spoon from irish oak, all harvested by myself with permission.
The birch has season for 6 months and the oak for 12 months. (oak is a pain to carve, very splintery(?) do other find this?)

[also my attempt at some 'artsy' pics :p]

all three:

the cooking spoon:

the soup spoon:

and the one I am most pleased with, the general eating spoon:

and next to a dessert spoon from the kitchen:

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Stephen

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Thanks guys,

I will admit that I had just that moring given my mora carver a proper sharpening and stropping for the first time since may last year.

There wear a few(...) dings in it that I choose to ignore for a while. :tapedshut

Ste

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
I sarted carving with seasoned wood, but once I dicovered how much easier it is to carve green I havent gone back.

The grain on those are beautiful though, nice one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Thanks for the kind comments.

I too normally carve green wood, but was bored and have a ton of birch lying around, and the is destined for another project, but I figured a couple of inches of the end couldn't hurt.

Ste

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Thanks all. Just realized that a few other work in progress ones are in the back of one the pics. a mix of apple holly and more birch.

eventually I'm sure I'll get around to finishing them

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE