Hello from Abbe Osram and a little update

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

the veterans here at bushcraftuk might still remember me but for the newer folks here I like to give you a little background info.
I was living for some years in the very north of Sweden around 150 km over the arctic circle.

Finland105.jpg

I was hunting, fishing and trapping and enjoyed it a great deal
that is until I got enough of it and wanted to develop the other side of my being, that is painting.

After I was clear about it I sold my cabin to Kevin, some of you know him as a Bushcraft teacher in the UK.
He then left the UK and is living now in Swedish Lappland.

Moving down 5 hours with the car, setting up a new life in the middle of Sweden, I still enjoy to go out into the wild but today mostly to paint and to find the spirit within.

Here are some of my works.

the_lake_rain.jpg

Moose_water_lake.jpg

moose_big.jpg

cabin_hem.jpg

web_crow.jpg

I hope you like them and find this other aspect of shared love for the wilderness, as expressed in paint, interesting.

yours Abbe

Darest thou now O soul,
Walk out with me toward the unknown region,
Where neither ground is for the feet nor any path to follow?

No map there, nor guide,
Nor voice sounding, nor touch of human hand,
Nor face with blooming flesh, nor lips, nor eyes, are in that land.

I know it not O soul,
Nor dost thou, all is a blank before us,
All waits undream'd of in that region, that inaccessible land.

Till when the ties loosen,
All but the ties eternal, Time and Space,
Nor darkness, gravitation, sense, nor any bounds bounding us.

Then we burst forth, we float,
In Time and Space O soul, prepared for them,
Equal, equipt at last, (O joy! O fruit of all!) them to fulfil O soul.

by Walt Whitman

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good to have you back again Abbe, I've missed your great posts

Will we here about your long stay in the wilderness one day ?

Stunning paintings

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Abbe good to hear from you. I hope you are well, how's the back?
Love the art work, take care

Hi Steve!
My back is healed! I was teaching some of you guys here the movements. I dont remember if it was you or someone else. But after some sweating and working with it, I am back to normal again. I am too still helping people with a slipped or broken disc. Last time it was the mail man. ;-) He got healed too. Cool that you remember mate!!!!
cheers
Abbe

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Good to have you back again Abbe, I've missed your great posts

Will we here about your long stay in the wilderness one day ?

Stunning paintings
Shewie, I am not sure how much there is to share. I am mostly into arts now and try to get better in that department. There is not so much going on with my life which will excite you or the boys here.

I am happy you enjoyed my old post. ;-)
cheers
Abbe

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Mines a lot stronger than it used to be thanks to your methods, ditched the Ciro man, good to see your living your life doing what you like best. Where about are you now?
Are you following Kev on his blog, he seems to be enjoying the cabin and his life up in the north

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I particularly like the Moose in profile. [Side View]

Your eye is drawn to the light and shadow and reflection.

There's an American Guy on Discovery, called Bob Ross, whom I watch when Im surfing. He seems like an old hippy, but he's bloody hypnotic.:)

Respect for living your dreams.

Last edited:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Mines a lot stronger than it used to be thanks to your methods, ditched the Ciro man, good to see your living your life doing what you like best. Where about are you now?
Are you following Kev on his blog, he seems to be enjoying the cabin and his life up in the north

I am happy that you feel better, dont give up and keep doing it. You will get real well. I started now with Tai Chi which is very good and swimming too. There is another guy you should check out and his teachings and training.
Moshe Feldenkrais he healed his cracked knee without an operation. Very good teaching about the functioning of the body and how we can heal ourself. I am in Kramfors a little town in the middle of sweden. Have a house like Pippi Longstocking in the children movies, yellow and a tower to look out over the hills and forests. Yes, I now and then check Kevins block, its cool to see what he is doing with the old cabin, he is real good with wood and does wonderful things with the cabin. I think he is renting the cabin out but I am not sure.
cheers
Abbe

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
I particularly like the Moose in profile. [Side View]

Your eye is drawn to the light and shadow and reflection.

There's an American Guy on Discovery, called Bob Ross, whom I watch when Im surfing. He seems like an old hippy, but he's bloody hypnotic.:)

Hi Dave, I have never seen Bob but he is a painter that I know and TV personality.

I am a painter too, but ...., ah no TV personality yet, ...my wife would say that I am a hippy too but I am not sure if am bloody hypnotic. ;-) Would be cool to see the guy. I dont have a TV so I cant check him out...but wait...maybe on youtube. ;-)

Happy bushcrafting!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Good to here from you again. I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Glad you are doing what you enjoy. I like your paintings. I used to do a lot of painting too but don't find the time these days, maybe I should get back to it. My subject matter was rather different though. :naughty:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Good to here from you again. I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Glad you are doing what you enjoy. I like your paintings. I used to do a lot of painting too but don't find the time these days, maybe I should get back to it. My subject matter was rather different though. :naughty:

Hi mate,
you never know what happens, thats the fun thing with life. Life is doing its dance and the most and joyful moments are when we lean into it. Who knows maybe the painting bug hits you again and off you go. It was like that with me. I did arts before, then extreme nature stuff, then with another twist back to arts. The important thing is to keep moving and being like a child hungry and curious.

keep moving!
Abbe

Growing Lad

Nov 10, 2010
Uk
Hi Abbe,

Wonderful paintings, the crow and the close up moose are my favourites, you're really capturing the essence of them there, fantastic!

Keep on with the keepin on!
Cheers

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Wow a blast from the past buddy ,i enjoyed reading your posts as well.Hope u will be back with some more ,Gill.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Wow a blast from the past buddy ,i enjoyed reading your posts as well.Hope u will be back with some more ,Gill.

well, yes, I feel like a ghost spooking around here. Isnt it sick how quickly times is flying by?! Its good to catch the day and do what you have in your heart.
I am happy you enjoyed my posts too. Hope you enjoy the stuff I do today too?!
yours
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE