Which Clark Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi all ,hope those of you that went to the bushmoot had a great time,I certainly did and it was great fun demonstating my rope work and answering your questions ,anyway I am looking to get a hammock for when Im in the woods at home and I have done my research and have decided on a Clark posibly the "CAMO North American with Rain Fly XL" I realise that they are not the cheepest but they look the best and most comfortable to me .
My question is ,which model is best suited for the UK ,I fancy the above but I dont want to get something that is too over spec.Please advise if you can.

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
That's a good choice. I think all the models are excellent so the choice is going to depend upon your needs and the environment you are likely to find yourself in.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Oh bum, that's gone and done it. All this talk of Clark hammocks got me excited, so I've diverted the funds from all that kit I sold into an order for a NX-250. Mrs S will KILL me when she finds out :)

Tobes

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi Tobes,you lucky boy I could not stretch that far as the NX-250 is the mutts nuts and my wife Ali would have definitely have:nutkick: anyway you must let me know how you get on with it ,mine is due in the next few days and as expected I'm getting very excited and plan to live in it in the wood ,Ali thinks this is a great idea.
There must be a catch somewhere but as I'm a male I haven't spotted it yet:confused:

We shall have to form the "I've got a Clark but no Nuts Club"
:You_Rock_​

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
:You_Rock_

Love it :) Let me know how you get on, we shall have to set up a 5-star hammock corner at the next Moot. Oh, hang on, Mrs S will insist I kip in the tent with the family. Rats.
:nono:

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Mine turned up this morning, haven't even had a chance to hang it yet but Mrs S has invited a bunch of kids for a sleepover on Sunday so I think I've got an opportunity coming up...

Are you using any form of underblanket or insulation?

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
Yes I use a thermarest,otherwise you will feel the effects of wind chill under the hammock,unless you have a very good sleeping bag.

Mine turned up this morning, haven't even had a chance to hang it yet but Mrs S has invited a bunch of kids for a sleepover on Sunday so I think I've got an opportunity coming up...

Are you using any form of underblanket or insulation?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE