Littlehall meet (Kent)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
reposting directions

9:00 for 09:30 site closes at 06:00pm

Canterbury OS map TR150605

Entrance is up the private road to Alcroft Grange
On the left past Little Hall Farm in the woods
Picture of car park is posted in the gallery
the public right of way paving is distinctive
& there is no height barrier

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Thanks for the nice welcome - that's lovely.

By the way, SWMBO is interested too.

However, I've just realised that it's Sunday - I'm off on business on Sunday morning. Is anything happening on Saturday? Could we come along en famille and show our faces?

Next time, I hope.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I have to be honest & admit that if it's hacking it down & blowing a gale* as the Met Office is promising for this weekend then we won't be coming down after all.

Yeah I know, fairweather bushcrafters. :rolleyes:

*Should've seen that one coming, what with it being a Bank Holiday and all....

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I have to be honest & admit that if it's hacking it down & blowing a gale* as the Met Office is promising for this weekend then we won't be coming down after all.

Yeah I know, fairweather bushcrafters. :rolleyes:

*Should've seen that one coming, what with it being a Bank Holiday and all....

You probably made a good decision there - the early hours of Sunday were damp to say the least :D

A small amount of foraging was done none the less :)

Thanks for the nice welcome - that's lovely.

By the way, SWMBO is interested too.

However, I've just realised that it's Sunday - I'm off on business on Sunday morning. Is anything happening on Saturday? Could we come along en famille and show our faces?

Next time, I hope.

Shame you couldn't make it. 'Next time' is apparantly being arranged as we speak (Mike?).
Keep an eye out here.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Gutted to be honest. Spent yesterday sulking around the house, especially as the weather picked up in the afternoon. Typical!

Now it's persisting down and blowing again so I can't get out and I'm no happier. When's the date of the next one? I need a bushcrafty fix!

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Gutted to be honest. Spent yesterday sulking around the house, especially as the weather picked up in the afternoon. Typical!

Now it's persisting down and blowing again so I can't get out and I'm no happier. When's the date of the next one? I need a bushcrafty fix!

Dunno, Mike's taking care of it I think. Some time in June was mentioned but I'm sure he'll let us know.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
bugger - wish you'd give a chap more notice! got an archery meet on sunday i cant get out of.

You guys will have to come down to "my" woods in ashford sometime :D

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
cant make as usual - im doing medieval at herstmonceux castle all weekend
have a good one

Cheers
Nick

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
A good weekend was had by myself, Twoflower and MadMike.

Thinking of booking the next fairly soon to make the most of the evenings while they're still light.
I was thinking of one in mid-late September then one in October. I'll be going in October even if I'm on my own as I love camping out in the autumn :D

Any ideas guys? Preferred dates?

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Another Littlehall meet by special request

Saturday & Sunday 4th-5th October

Switch will be camping overnight. I realised time was moving on & booked this so quick I haven't confirmed NickG cannot make it;) - watch this space.

One new face is lined up, others new or familiar also welcome.

Mike

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
any space for a new face? and also how does one go about getting to littlehall?

cheers

Nathan

Plenty of space for new faces & welcome

Grid ref TR150605 , or see previous Kent meet threads
Pick up from bus/train can usually be arranged

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
aww you guys are all going out without me :(

Oh well, I've got 600Ha of estate here to play on, so that should keep me going for a while :)

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
My Daughter and I would like to come on down, for the 4th/5th Oct meet,both in DD hammocks. Found the spot on an OS map so reckon will be able to get there by public transport / taxi. I dont seem to be able to find the "joining Instructions"

Who do I pay, can a 15 year old come ( she has done Glyn y Mul 3 times this year so knows the score).

This is my first time at a meet like this so any detail would be helpfull
Ta in advance

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Sorry for the late reply I was away this week

All ages welcome - parental responsibility applies , we have had much younger people with no problems.

£10 per person contribution to the site for an overnight & following day. £5 for the day only

No 'regulars' have confirmed they are doing the overnight, there are wardens on site who are happy to help. They have occasional campers & hammocks welcome.

Take some drinking water as there is no mains supply

search for 'Kent Meet' threads will show previous details
There are now free range eggs from hens that forage in the woods 'usually' available for sale

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE