Anyone peckish?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Here's something I made from a Birch whorl just for a bit of fun.
snacks001-1.jpg

snacks003-1.jpg

snacks007-1.jpg

Cheers John

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Rosco,

Looks great, are you trying to get me hungry.... :lurk:

I feel a sudden urge to get some crisps and nuts...

No seriously, good piece of work....

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats terrific!

ill have to find some wood!

do you remember that interesting wood bowl I found? I did give it to my auntie (reluctantly) and she was delighted!

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
What an inspiring piece. Already i'm thinking of different things to put in it like different colored m&m's or jelly beans.
Did you saw it off the tree or was it fallen wood etc?

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Hello Bilko,
It,s just cut from a fallen tree, there are loads of Birch round here that grow on pit stacks and old railway bankings etc. They are very shallow rooted on shale or slag so blow over easily in the wind.This was the only thing I could think of to make from this lump and wasn't looking like finishing it ,then wife sneaks into my workshop and said how much she liked it, so I finished it.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Very nice - and a good choice on the nibbles! ;)

I saw some bowls like that (but not as nice) on a street market stall but swmbo would not let me buy one! :(, what will you use it for?, it will only go with the rest of your rubbish cluttering the house!

now If I made one............ :rolleyes:

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Graham, go for it mate.I thought it was a bit naff to be honest, but wife loves it and so do all the visitors who have seen it (mostly women), so shows what I know.It was good hollowing out practice as I had to do a fair bit of "undercutting".
Cheers John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE