I got to take two exams in November? Any Help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Hello Everyone,
I know, i know, this is not bushcraft at all, but i got to take a High risk- G-sat exams one is Spreadsheets and the other is Excel, does anybody out there have any clue on where i should start. its for work and if i dont pass the course, i might loose my ID / job, its for permission to enter the work place.As a few of my colleagues have not been lucky in a couples of month just gone.

Any Advice/ help would be appreciated.

Regards
hans.

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
Sure is BR, but there is the principle of spreadsheets and then there is the Excel application itself. I've seen this type of thing done before.

Most big corporations run almost entirely on spreadsheets and equally on Excel. I pull stacks of data from SQL and Oracle databases for analysis and do that analysis in Minitab, but I still do the manipulation in Excel.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sure is BR, but there is the principle of spreadsheets and then there is the Excel application itself. I've seen this type of thing done before.

Most big corporations run almost entirely on spreadsheets and equally on Excel. I pull stacks of data from SQL and Oracle databases for analysis and do that analysis in Minitab, but I still do the manipulation in Excel.
<grin> mmmm me too (or rather my DBAs do)

Red

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Maybe I've been out of work for so long the world has changed but surely if your company are asking you to do an exam they would also tell you the best way to swot up for said exam, or at the very least point you in the right direction for some help?

Can't offer any help other than "do lots of revising", which isn't much help, but good luck with it anyway.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
First thing to remember is DON'T PANIC, its only an exam. Get something like Excel for dummies and start to work through that. Take a look at the PDF link at the bottom of this page
http://archive.nyu.edu/handle/2451/14260?mode=full&submit_simple=Show+full+item+record

Don't sit for hours trying to study, the brain retains more information if fed in small chunks, so maybe around 45 mins of study, then take a good break. Set up a study area, this is your space, others not allowed.

I've been on two university based courses since 2003, I'm 53 years old and if I can work through them anybody can, so have faith in yourself

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hello Everyone,
I know, i know, this is not bushcraft at all, but i got to take a High risk- G-sat exams one is Spreadsheets and the other is Excel, does anybody out there have any clue on where i should start. its for work and if i dont pass the course, i might loose my ID / job, its for permission to enter the work place.As a few of my colleagues have not been lucky in a couples of month just gone.

Any Advice/ help would be appreciated.

Regards
hans.

"G-sat" as in Aviation security ???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE