Swedish Army Mess Kit Tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
Gary, do you have these in stock? Yor site says your out, when are they due in buddy?

Sorry guess I should PM that question.

PM on its way.

MarkG

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 4, 2004
Wednesbury, West Mids
So what is the best way to store them the? Should the bail arm push into the handle of the lid as it won't fit into mine?

Does any one sell the proper case for it and is there any sort of manual showing all of the functions?

I guess the loops on the handle of the lid are to put a stick in to ?

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
MarkG said:
Does any one sell the proper case for it and is there any sort of manual showing all of the functions?
I don't think there's a proper case. The proper case is just the windshield. :wink: I think you make up the functions yourself as you use it. If you're cooking on a steep slope then you find a way anyway of using it. :wink: Or else Viking or/and Gary could enlighten all of us more on this fantastic bit of kit? :) :biggthump

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi viking i no what your saying, but the army one is a bit bulky so i only really want the burner and a wind shield and stand for a billy can any Suggestions.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I have tried using the burner and stand from a trangia mini set and one of the MSR 500ml cook pots with lid. The whole lot fits inside the pot perfectly. As for a windshield, I use my rucksack or a good chunk of bacofoil repeatedly folded to form a windshield. The foil can also be unfloded and used to cook in if I use an open fire too and have been lucky with fishing or snaring.
I have to say tho' that for most of the time now I use the crusader cooker, mug and bottle and just pour meths in the cooker, although it does mean filling the bottom as well as the little container in the bottom of the cooker. What a shame that someone didn't fit a small trangia type burner in the bottom of the crusader cooker!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Biggest flaw with all of these is the lack of a windshield. That is the original trangias greatest strength - without the windshield, a really good stove is turned into junk with the slightest breeze. The best I've seen is the clickstand, which makes a really good go of controlling airflow.

trikey

Sep 7, 2004
nottingham
not used mine yet so thought i`d give it a try, but baffled already. i1ve got some methylated spirits but not sure how much to put in,should i just put enough in so it soaks into the small hole in the bottom or should i fill it and for my next stupid question if i light it with a steel does it matter if the big hole in the middle catches fire or should i aim it at the edge, :?:
please help

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
trikey said:
not used mine yet so thought i`d give it a try, but baffled already. i1ve got some methylated spirits but not sure how much to put in,should i just put enough in so it soaks into the small hole in the bottom or should i fill it and for my next stupid question if i light it with a steel does it matter if the big hole in the middle catches fire or should i aim it at the edge, :?:
please help

Trikey.
just pour the meths into the big hole till it is twothirds full, then light it in the big hole, flames will come out of the top, then when the inner chamber warms up the pressure forces it through the small holes, and makes the flames hotter.

Try this website the burners are the same.
>> http://www.trangia.se/

mickT

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE