Ferry to Norway???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Buy a small yacht and sail yourself .. proper adventure ;-) I once chatted to a Norwegian on Lock Ness who had done it several times. Always been my dream since :)

Here is an awesome video on that matter:

You can pick up a boat like that for less than a car ferry ticket to mainland Europe!

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Here is an awesome video on that matter:

You can pick up a boat like that for less than a car ferry ticket to mainland Europe!
Did my Yachtmaster Offshore a long time ago. Sailed on all sort of yachts as well as my own (had 3 of those, last one with an inboard engine), sailed to Ijesselmeer and back. Couldnt EVER AGAIN be bothered to buy another one, look for cheap moorings, do the work on it, keeping it shipshape. Used to have a romantic idea about sailing but will never ever go through the tedium if being becalmed and sitting it out or put out my back hauling up a snagged anchor, trying to find anything in thick fog and, had we been 2 minutes faster and been run over by a large vessel which i (at the helm) never heard approaching or passing, just seeing it briefly crossing our course be for it disappeared again in the fog, I wouldn't be writing this nearly 20 years later. Hope you have fun when you finally try it :):O_O:;)

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Did my Yachtmaster Offshore a long time ago. Sailed on all sort of yachts as well as my own (had 3 of those, last one with an inboard engine), sailed to Ijesselmeer and back. Couldnt EVER AGAIN be bothered to buy another one, look for cheap moorings, do the work on it, keeping it shipshape. Used to have a romantic idea about sailing but will never ever go through the tedium if being becalmed and sitting it out or put out my back hauling up a snagged anchor, trying to find anything in thick fog and, had we been 2 minutes faster and been run over by a large vessel which i (at the helm) never heard approaching or passing, just seeing it briefly crossing our course be for it disappeared again in the fog, I wouldn't be writing this nearly 20 years later. Hope you have fun when you finally try it :):O_O:;)

Urgh, sounds awful, I can see why you gave it up!

The couple in the video seem to be getting it right though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE