a load of billhooks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon

anyone prefer these to an axe or huge knife.
I brought this one back to life recently. it needed a new handle a good clean and sharpen.
i paid £2 for it from a boot sale.
definitely worth a try.

Wetneck

Oct 6, 2013
South Coast - UK
I'm a big fan of the billhook.

A couple of years ago I had a bit of hedge that needed sorting. Tried chainsaws and machetes but after many local people suggested a billhook (even a few on here I think) I got a Fiskars one and it got through the lot and made collecting and disposing of it incredibly simple and quick.

The job got done in no time at all, I now always keep an eye out at boot fairs because the rubber handle on the Fiskars is very comfy but I much prefer a wooden one.

Like the locals who told me to use it in the first place said "A local solution for a local problem" - a great tool for any English man!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great tool but like all other tools it has its strengths and weaknesses.
I left my axe at home and only took my hook for a few weekend trips out, i missed my axe.
Its a lot of weight and can be tiring quickly. My favorite use is for splitting and roughing out the belly of a bow. Hedge laying folk are the guys to watch with these tools.
Edit, its also a lot of biting edge very close to your fleshy bits.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. I really like my billhook for two reasons. Firstly it can do many of the jobs in camp that Id need a small axe or large knife for. 2nd, here in the west country the Police don't need an explaination for why you are carrying it! They know what they are and what they are used for. As long as your not silly and start swinging it about in the street you don't have any problems.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE