condor bushlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheDaddy187

Banned
Nov 26, 2014
United Kingdom
hello fellow lovers of the bush...

i have recently purchased a mora robust it has yet to arrive but i do like moras...

however i am looking for a cheap but good full tang spear point scandi grind knife for bushcraft

i have been looking at the condor bushlore... it seems to fit my requirements but has anyone had any experience with one?

also has anyone got any other suggestions of knifes that fit my requirements?

i have around a £50 budget

i would like either 01 steel d2 steel or a decent high carbon steel with minimum of 58 on rockwell scale...

simmilarly, if there are any knife makers here that can knock me something up for around that price that covers my requirements feel free to shoot me a pm

thanks in advance

Luke

Pockets

Jun 19, 2014
United Kingdom
The Condor Bushlore is a good knife if you are willing to give it a little love. My mate has one that didnt come all that sharp and the handle fittings left something to be desired. He spent half a day on I'd guess just sanding down and oiling the handles and giving it a good edge (which it takes easily). This was about a year and a half ago to two years though, I think the quality of their fit and finish has improved since.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
I bought a Condor Rodan last year (instead of the bushlore) and it arrived shaving sharp and is a cracking bit of kit. The handle was a wee bit rough but that was easily sorted. I'd happily buy a woodlore based on that.
I have since recieved a maker's knife as a present from some mates so the rodan is semi retired now.

TheDaddy187

Banned
Nov 26, 2014
United Kingdom
thanks guys,

i did look into the enzo

and is certianly a possibility... i see complete enzo knifes for about £110 on ebay/amazon
and blanks for £40ish for 01 and £60ish for d2 and about £80ish for s30v

making scales wont be too hard... i can knock up some home made micarta...

does the bushlore hold an edge well?

i prefer knives that i spend half hour sharpening for months of use between, over knives that sharpen in minutes for a week or so use...

the trapper in d2 would most likely be my choice if i take that route

one thing that draws me to the bushlore is according to most reviews, the sheath is brilliant and is worth the money just for the quality of that, with a "free" decent quality knife ;)

TheDaddy187

Banned
Nov 26, 2014
United Kingdom
i can get an enzo d2 blank and blackscales with red liners for under £55 here http://www.mindyourfingers.co.uk/P9898.html

maybe thats the way to go...

alot of reviews say the handle is a bit on the thin side... but if i buy in bits and build i can add leather liners to gain a bit more girth...

i have lots of leather is different colours so i can prob make some cool looking liners

Last edited:

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
I have a bushlore that is my main knife when I'm out in the woods. Mine came pretty sharp and holds a decent edge.
As others have said the handle does require a bit of work, but nothing that would put me off buying a condor again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
does it still have the full zero scandi or have you put a secondary bevel on it?
I resharpened it to a scandi grind as it had previously had a secondary bevel. I don't seem to be able to get it as sharp as a Mora- which is my preferred basic knife as it suits my needs better. I find the condor too heavy and overkill personally, hence offer to sell (or trade?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE