Empty Altoids Tins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
Hi all,

I want to make survival tins with my bushcraft class. I was thinking empty Altoids tins (or similar) would work well. Does anyone know where I can get a job lot of empty ones? I can order them on ebay from the USA, but I'm sure we eat mints here don't we?

Any help would be very highly appreciated.

Josh

(P.S. if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to shift it to an appropriate forum.)

Joel_m

Jul 31, 2012
Berkshire
We do indeed eat them here!

Instead of Ebay why don't you try speaking to a Tin Manufacturer, they may be able to do you a deal of some sort.
I have had packaging manufacturers send me free samples in the past (work related) to assess them instead of taking a punt on something.

A quick Google and came up with these guys http://www.tinplate-products.com/stock-tins (no affiliation)

Hope that helps!

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
If that doesn't work Marks & Spencers do their own label of altoids - which taste the same to me. I've a couple of emptys I can give you, I use them for tobacco tins.

ms_sweets_mints.jpg

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Bizarrely Altoids were made originally in Bridgend, Wales... only recently (last decade or so?) did they move production to the USA, Tennesse I believe.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have quite a few altoids and m&s tins available. How many do you need? You can have them for the price of the postage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE