Sussex Group Christmas Meet 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Doh! ;)

Bring List

widu13 - Bag of charcoal, Venison haunch, bag of potatoes
Crosslandkelly -
Three barrow loads of logs, Mince pies and a bottle of Brandy.Oh, and carrots.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Bring List

Crosslandkelly -
Spandit - stainless barrel (if we're cooking turkey); Turkey (or will venison feed us all)?

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
thanks. yeh i passed back in july, but some tosspot crashed into me on a roundabout last week so i had to get a new set of wheels.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Bring List

Crosslandkelly -
Spandit - stainless barrel (if we're cooking turkey); Turkey (or will venison feed us all)?
jack-DO, biggest billy, sausages in bacon, sausage meat and stuffing balls, very old Christmas pud, might feed 4? Bit of homemade charcoal left too.

There was an oak limb that Dark Horse Dave and I were chopping up last time not far from the site. Might be a bit soggy now, but it had been hung up in a tree when we started. We burnt the smaller bits last time. Will need a hand to bring it back though. Already got to have surgery on my ankle from long term damage. Don't need to compound the issue.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Hey Jack, I haven't forgotten those tracking course notes I mentioned last time. I've got them typed up, but want to do a bit more tidying myself before I get them across to you. I was planning to add a few illustrations as well. I'll let you know how I get on.

See you before too long,

Dave

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
I can make this one, Can bring a gammon joint and assorted veggies

Also happy to join in the secret santa someone mentioned earlier.

ps The backs still a bit dodgy, and the tickers been playing up a bit recently, so I may cry of any physical exersion but I can prep and eat like a demon.

Last edited:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hey Jack, I haven't forgotten those tracking course notes I mentioned last time. I've got them typed up, but want to do a bit more tidying myself before I get them across to you. I was planning to add a few illustrations as well. I'll let you know how I get on.

See you before too long,

Dave

no probs mate, as and when. Shame you can't make the Christmas meet, you'll be missed and not just for your kettle.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I'm hoping the ankle is going to let me up in the wood this weekend so I can process some wood. Going to try and make some Swedish logs to bring along and hope there is a bit of oak i can cut up. Also going to get the chute out and pop some ribbon on the 4 corner strings to make pitching it a bit easier, and make a peg mallet or two.

Well done Spandit, let me know what I owe and I'll settle up with you next time we meet.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm hoping if I bring it on the Friday it might defrost by the Saturday or should I put it in my sleeping bag? :D

Need a plan for getting the charcoal started. Think a hazel stick should be fine for the support. We'll need some thick foil, wide stuff. I'll also bring my meat thermometer to check it's all done. Must remember a small shovel to move the hot charcoal too.

Do we have a big pot for boiling veg in? Andy and Jack have Dutch ovens for spuds & pigs in blankets.

We'll also need a board to carve the turkey on (and a table!) - think knives won't be a problem but serving spoons might be an idea. Colander too and fat for basting (have a load of duck fat to get rid of!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE