Bad Outlet for Gear ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/?gclid=CN-5ksLW57ECFUYNfAod1DsAxg
Folks.
I ordered a rucksack from this place a while back, they told me that they did not have the item I wanted but a delivery was due that week and they would furnish me with the item (a canvass rucksack).
Well after days of waiting I mailed them to ask what the hold up was, reply still no supply.
I then tried phoning, no answer...ever a couple of weeks trying so I eventually tried to cancell my order and ask for a refund,that was about 5 months ago and still no return of my hard earned £'s so now I have written it off.
Value of goods not excessive but it is the poor service (actually non existant ) from them that realy pi$$es on my campfire.
Any one else suffered at the hands of this outlet ?
Thanks for reading
Hog.:mad::AR15firin:twak::banghead::cussing::soapbox::viking::nutkick::deadhorse:

Good grief, pity I did not see this thread a long time ago, however I am never going to order anything off them again, so Pete from the company I ordered from, if you read this thread please take it from me, you lot are absolutely and totaly off my Christmas card list.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't write the money off hog. If you ordered over the internet by credit card, simply phone your card company and tell them the goods have not been delivered and request a refund - they will reclaim the money from the vendor.

In the event you paid by some other means and can prove the transaction, call trading standards. If they can't help, take them to court in your local small claims court - it won't cost you a penny, you don't need a solicitor and you can get a court order against them. Then send in the bailifs (at their expense).

Don't get mad - get even

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Don't write the money off hog. If you ordered over the internet by credit card, simply phone your card company and tell them the goods have not been delivered and request a refund - they will reclaim the money from the vendor.

In the event you paid by some other means and can prove the transaction, call trading standards. If they can't help, take them to court in your local small claims court - it won't cost you a penny, you don't need a solicitor and you can get a court order against them. Then send in the bailifs (at their expense).

Don't get mad - get even

i like your style BR.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Did you try calling them on the Sales telephone number as opposed to the Customer service number, that may help you let them know what you think of their service and then vote with your feet and never use them again, thanks for the heads up as I was going to buy something online from them.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
British Red I have just sent them an email requesting my refund again so will allow them another chance at redemption then I will have to pick up the big stick.
Did we ever get a list of outlets that should be avoided on the site.

After 5 months? I would have had them in court in less than 5 weeks!

If you want a refund, just get it from your card company - its one simple phone call

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You are more forgiving to me, from the experience of this forum their staff uniform should be a striped jersey and a mask!

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
I had that problem with Survival Aids of Morland Penrith years ago, they had two hundred of my hard earned for a ventile arctic ranger and after many letters eventually after receiving no reply to the last letters I threatened court action they provided six weeks later,and can you believe when I made mention of a refund they had the cheek to suggest they supply a voucher to be used in their shop. Hasten to say that was the last time I dealt with them and am not surprised the company suffered, their customer service sucked and prior to, I had done a lot of business with them, they lost my continued custom and good will.

I understand Survival Aids crashed, but they are I believe up and running again under a slightly different name in a new location, I do hope they have improved as there is a lot of competition out there.

Last edited:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I understand Survival Aids crashed, but they are I believe up and running again under a slightly different name in a new location, I do hope they have improved as there is a lot of competition out there.

Penrith Survival Equipment is a a totally different company to Survival Aids.

Survival Aids went under and the guy who used to be the warehouse manager for survival aids bought the remainder of the business and now trades just east of Appleby in Westmoreland along the A66 towards Warcop.

He bought out the remaining stock they had along with some of the packaging and the branding etc.

The current shop is really really good in my top 10 of all gear shops I've ever visited and I've been in a lot!!

He's a nice bloke to chat to and knows a lot about gear and changing kit trends etc.. Last time I was in there I got my excellent Ussen Merkalon thermal top he also had a stack of 85 pattern mugs and other assorted retro kit.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE