Yew Spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Those are lovely; you just have to love Yew, eh?

BTW, Yew wood is perfectly safe to use in the kitchen and to eat from as long as it's sealed properly with a good truly-hardening oil, I've used many spoons and implements over the years without harm, and still do :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Those are lovely; you just have to love Yew, eh?

BTW, Yew wood is perfectly safe to use in the kitchen and to eat from as long as it's sealed properly with a good truly-hardening oil, I've used many spoons and implements over the years without harm, and still do :)

Know what you mean, i have a yew spatula in the kitchen, never had a problem, just thought id put decorative only, as you just know how people like to worry about everyone's safety these days :D

Reactions: Nice65 and Macaroon

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
It's all good. Nobody will eat the spoon. I like how you caught the transition between the sap wood and the heart wood.
Clever point in your design.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Really nice, my favourite native wood. I'd certainly eat from them, I've never had any qualms with Yew in small quantities. You'd not catch me crunching the seeds, but otherwise I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Kepis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE