WinterMoot 2024 - Festival of Outdoor Cookery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
A thread for Winter Moot discussion, info, requests and anything else WinterMoot related.

The Winter Moot is our Festival of Outdoor Cookery

The idea behind the Winter Moot is that we have a week in the woods with no pressures, it can be a time to relax, a time to practice skills and have a great time. The focus of this Moot is all about cooking-based skills so there is the opportunity to learn, share knowledge, or just do our own thing.

Each day we’ll have different cooking methods and foods to cook.

So, if you want to have a no-pressure break in a beautiful location (we’re hoping for snow!!), practice your fire skills, or your cooking and baking skills, or you'd like to try something completely new, the Winter Moot is a great place to do it.

When: Monday 12th February from 13:00 to Sunday 18th February 13:00

Workshops will take place on Tuesday 13th through to Saturday 17th

Cost: £160 per person (Adult), this includes camping fees and the site facilities for the week.

Accommodation: There are camping areas and facilities (hot water, Showers etc) that are free to use. Please note that we do not provide any camping equipment, you must bring your own. There are local shops within a few miles for any supplies you might need.

Click Here - WinterMoot Info

Any questions ask away :beerchug:

Reactions: Toddy and giancarlo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
well, there is a filter set up for any fennas :lmao:

Having a look it says 'customer has not put in their payment method', so maybe you missed some selection in the process? If not let me know and we'll figure it

Reactions: Minotaur

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is some of the stuff that we're going to be doing at the WinterMoot

Pasta making
Tripod butchery
Meat prep
smoking
Reflector ovens
making bacon, sausages and burgers
one pot meals
Trail foods
No pot cooking
Competitions
Carving
First Aid
and more...

If you have any requests for specific things then ask away

Reactions: gra_farmer

Gaz

Oct 25, 2023
Kettering
Hi i have booked 2 days at the winter bushmoot just noticed it says 3 insted of the 2
Can anyone help with this
I have paid
Regards
Gaz

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just booked my first Moot and looking forward to it. I can see on Google earth that there are grassed areas, are the woods ok for bivvy/hammocks or it is at bit brambly or boggy?
It's a hammockers paradise with loads of suitable areas for both hammocks and ground dwellers

Falstaff

Feb 12, 2023
Berkshire
It's a hammockers paradise with loads of suitable areas for both hammocks and ground dwellers
Great! Thanks, I'm going to try a hammock for the first time. When I went to the Bushcraft Gathering I struggled to fine a flat spot for a bivvy, it was all mud and brambles in the woods.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Looking forward to having you Falstaff. As Steve said, you'll be fine, plenty of space for hanging and it's great under foot so no worries there.
Spread the word!

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Game prepping is usually on the Tuesday.
Do you have any requests?

Thanks Wayne. That’s certainly one I’d be interested in, but as I am unlikely to be able to make the whole week I was just wondering if there was a schedule so I can time a visit based on that.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
My team will be doing the vast majority of the cooking demonstrations. So if you have any requests for specific activities it’s best to DM and I can organise it.

I have a plan but as with everything bushcraft and outdoors it’s subject to change due to a host of factors from weather conditions to numbers of visitors, special requests etc.

The forestknights team are pretty friendly we will always try to adapt where possible. Each morning the will be a cooked breakfast available and an evening meal. During the day there will be plenty of food to sample included in the moot ticket.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Heads up for Wayne. Kim and I will both be after an Evening meal each night. I want to say Breakfast as well but Kim is no morning person so may have to play that by ear.
Will an evening meal be available Monday night, what with setting up and that?
If so you have 2 takers for certain.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE