Which Truck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I drive an "07 L200 and I'm chuffed to bits. I'm a landscaper and I put it through it's paces on and off road (got decent tires) with and without trailer/with and without load. It's also our family vehicle (Crew Cab) and is brill for canoe topping, carrying our camping kit and hammocking from.

If I had a higher budget at the time I would have bought a Navara based vainly on looks, but the L200 has been an economical choice. It's an "eco" model which means every time you walk into it with a wheel barrow or hit it with a shovel it dents like a foil take away container, but it's cheap to run considering the loads I lump about. I also shoot and birdwatch out the back of it. Can't sleep in the back as I get sea-sick. The dog spends her naps in the back while we work and loves it. EVERYONE GET YOURSELF A PICKUP NOW!

I've owned an "05 L200 and a "91 Hilux. They were both propper old diesel pick ups, but the Hilux was the one for me that was like an old friend. True life blood in that old thing.....hc

Last edited:

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
IMAG0150.jpg

Practical though - lol :D

Rigel

Aug 6, 2010
maidenhead
i have a Delica l400, which has excellent cabin and seats seven. sucks at comsumption at 18mpg but I love it. I have moved house with it; slept in it; carried four mountain bikes inside; pulled outher cars out of mud/snow, blah blah.
For the £2k that I paid for it, it has been great value.

nunzionuk

Gross vehicle weight (kg) 2885 (2785 when towing)
Gross train weight (kg) 4785
Trailer weight braked (kg) 2000
Trailer weight unbraked (kg) 750

Aye, that is a bit light for braked. Looking at 1700kg @ 85% for towing a caravan.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Gross vehicle weight (kg) 2885 (2785 when towing)
Gross train weight (kg) 4785
Trailer weight braked (kg) 2000
Trailer weight unbraked (kg) 750

Aye, that is a bit light for braked. Looking at 1700kg @ 85% for towing a caravan.

Thats what I figured - the Navara which is pretty comparable elsewhere for mass and power is 2600kg IIRC - 600kg is a lot to give away. Still... it IS cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE