Which Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
I love to see the different variations, the incredibly high standards always impress me and you cant help but learn from everybody elses ideas, compared to knife sheaths I havent seen many axe sheaths and the more pictures people post the better.

Seeing the excellent work shared on here on here and BB is what inspires me to have a go and I must admit I borrow a bit from here and a bit from there to come up with a final plan, so keep up the good work and thanks for sharing it :D

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Leon - Very nice stuff.

I think these axe threads willl certianly help people but life into old axes and perhpas make people think twice before splashing out on a GB or Roselli.

Nice work y'all!

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
My £10 Wetterling Swedish Army axe is going through a bit of a change. :D
IMG_0804.jpg

I've got a Gransfors SFA handle on order for this. :)

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Oh very goood, that is one seriously TOP job! :35:

Looks almost like a GB Hunters head now (Must say I was looking at mine last nite thinking of bringing the tow down to eye level).

You must have spent more on the SFA helve than the Axe itself?? :p

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
Yeah, slightly more Scruff,but, I thought it would be interesting to have a Wetterling/Gransfors hybrid. :D
The photo looks a big weird,but,the top is flat with a slight turn down at the poll.

IMG_0807.jpg

Needs a bit more sanding to get all the file marks out.
Glad you like it mate.
Cheers :)

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
Thanks Leon,
I've kept it slightly heavier than my Wetterling LHA so I'm hoping for a bit more chop.
There's no way of knowing without a field test though so I'll update this thread when I get it finished and use it outdoors. :)
Cheers

Reactions: scruff

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Ah now I'm here.

Just seen that second piccy - jolly nice!

Did you use power tools Soup? Was wondering how often if at all you needed to cool the head down as you we're working it?

ps. rep up!

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
Thought I would pass this along here (and elsewhere). The smallest Norlund axe is back on the market after many, many years. I came across a listing when looking for another brand entirely. A Google search for Norlund + axe or axes located several vendors. Seems to cost $33.99.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE