Whats the fuss......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Probably a lot of members are teenagers or still like snow

And what's wrong with that exactly?

Ive noticed an increase in teen members but surely this is a good thing?

I enjoy the snow. It's so rare to get decent snow these days why shouldn't we enjoy the fun part of it? Granted the melting slushy icy part isn't so fun.....

Andy

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Coz I is a hardcore bushcrafter me and I likes da snow :) (joking more lightweight really) ;)

Oh and the real reason is I just like camping whatever the weather, simple really . When the conditions are a bit tougher it just makes me feel better(achievement kinda thing) but enjoy being out whatever

Ohhh and coz it makes everything look real pretty

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I want snow so I can go snowboarding, pulking, hanging in the silence of a snowy camp, practise some winter skills, build a snowman and go sledging with the wife :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Because we all spend too much time browsing the forum, eBay, utube, surplus stores buying and learning abaht kit and techniques.
Then we have to graft longer and harder to pay for it.
then we have to get out and use it (all year round) .
By the time we've done all this......our gardens have become neglected and look shabby against the neighbors ......

Where's this going?

Ahhh the snow question .....

We crave the snow.......as it makes all the gardens look equal .....then swmbo can't nag abaht the state of the garden as there's Nowt we can do abaht it.

So in turn we can go aht an play in the stuff and be comfy/safe and warm with all the gear and learning we've accrued , safe in the knowledge that we don't need ear plugs for a change :D

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Its just an other one of natures challange to test you, your kit, and your skills.... and it just another excuse to go and play, if not in the bush, in the Landy..... :)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Because its dry in comparison to damp and rain. Makes any same old hang out seem magical. Fantastic for tracking animals.
To name a few. :)

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
True camping in rain is a real challenge sometimes difficult to enjoy. Coldest snow and weather i been in recently was -10 last year, camped for three nights,the worst bit getting water out of a stream.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE