what size rucksack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

what is the size of your MOST USED rucksack, for 3 day trips

• Total voters

addbad

Nov 19, 2010
durham
when i go out i take a, snugpak rocket pack 40/70L

if i'm going out for a few night's (up to 3) i would remove the 2 side pouches and of i will go or if i was ging for a longer trip (1 week +) i would take the side pouches with me to get the full 70 L bag

both side puches are 15 L main chamber 40L.

great back would highly recomend to everybody only £60.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Highlander 55l, cheap, comfortable and big enough to carry..

Main compartment
Snugpak Softie 9 Sleeping bag
Snugpak Underblanket
Inflatable Roll Mat
Bivi bag
DD Travel Hammock
DD 3x3 Tarp
Army Trangia Cookset
Spare Clothes in Sml Dry Bag
Food in a thermal lunch tube from a pound store
Wash Kit

Lid
FAK
Knife
Saw
..etc
Poncho lashed to lid

3x Sidepockets
Hat
Gloves
WP trousers
2l Water (will eventually make pockets on hip belt)

I'm 6' and set the back system to large.

None of that is forced in, except the SB and UB, which I put in a black bin bag, then compress with the sacks internal compartment seperator, which works on a draw string. Everything else just slots in together. This carries what I normally take out this time of year for an over nighter with very little fuss, and to my mind is a better solution to the 100l Bergen and side pockets which is way too big and uncomfortable to carry.

Last edited:

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Lowe Alpine Sting, which is 55l, main pouch is big enough for my sleeping bag, hammock, tarp, underquilt, and clothing, and leaves the two 12 litre pockets for food and cook gear. Lid pocket has my small gear (torch/knife/etc). Can be a bit of a squeeze fitting everything in if I'm away for a while but altogether I prefer having a smaller bag and thinking about what to include rather than a big bag and lugging more than I have to.

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
My kit is like me, aging but still serviceable!

Land based, 55 ltr Karrimor Hot route or 65/70 litre (Not sure what size this is now) Berghaus Cyclops Roc.

Water based (Open Canoeing) about three times as much! 1 x 105 ltr sea line,2 x 70 litres and loads of other options depending on time distance and portaging.

Alan L.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE