What NOT to take to work.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
Working n an office it's not a good idea to take ones bag straight back to wrk after a weekend away without at least checking what you've dumped in there.
I still had my neck knife in my bag this week, and a block of unopened cheese from last weeks camping....
DOH!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Oooh stinky

I once picked up the wrong carrier bag on my way out to school. I thought I'd picked up my footie boots but instead I grabbed two dead rabbits I'd shot the night before.

Had great fun on the bus to school making all the girls scream :)

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
As I work airside, and park the car there, there's a very long list of things I can't take to work. Knives, nails, water, stoves, fuel, ice axes, trekking poles, tent pegs etc.

Last week I did manage to leave a chainsaw in the boot, and no one batted an eyelid, but the can of coke I'd also forgotten about was confiscated. Go figure

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I (used to) work with FGYT's wife

The contents of the occasional sealed Jiffy bag that was passed to me would have given HR heart failure!

Red

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I went into work to prove that I am not faking a broken collarbone, and meant to take my rucksack with all my papers in, but I saw the otherone and though that it would be more comfortable. So when I arrived, I reached into my bag to pull out my docters note, and accidently pulled out my lovess knife. I got a very wide-eyed look form the receptionist!

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
A few years back I was using my little Kuhn Rikon paring knife in the kitchen -- one of these: http://gadgetgrid.gadgetgridllc.net...t/uploads/2007/10/kuhn-rikon-colori-knife.jpg

Note that it comes with a little blade guard/sheath. I'd put it into a long and slim little pocket in my shorts to put away once I'd finished my sandwich. Several hours later I was in a lecture when I noticed something strangely knifellike in my pocket...

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I accidentally carried a Mori knife in my bag the day after after going for a walk in the countryside. Without going into all the details, the police became aware of it and I received a telling off. I was later told I was lucky not to have been arrested.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Have just realised that I've been into at least 3 shops today, including my local Asda with the security guard at the door, with my mora in my pocket.

Must be more careful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE