What is it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Kind of thought that i would stick this in this section (figure it was in the woods that we found them)

Does anyone know what this is? (the picture on this link - i did it to keep it big).

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rwill75552/myhomepage/photo.html

I found two of them with Nomad last week, during a well earned few days worth of woodland dossing/archerying in West Sussex. Cant find it in my books. They were kind of squishy - up until then they were looking at being big albino cramp balls :wink:

I think that the drops of liquid are a result of us poking it with a stick a couple of days before taking the picture.

Mar 2, 2004
bizarre. didnt you cut it open and investigate? also how did you get your pics on the web?
its not a tunnocks tea cake thats melted ?
i,ll get my coat.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Looks like invasion of the body snatchers to me...!!! :shock:

(Hold up naughty boy, I'll get my hat! :wink:)

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Rob said:
It does have something of the alien films about it - i must admit.

Didn't want to cut it about, as I had not seen one before - I have been using those woods for quite a few years now - and didn't want to be responsible for some kind of first contact alien autopsy guilt :oops:
:rolmao:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Looks like some mutant polypore to me - cant find its likes in Roger Phillips. If you go back there Rob open it up - if the insides all white ect then I think it is a polypore. Remember that is only the friut of the fungi so maybe it was damaged and grew malformed.

Either that or ................ look a green flash coming from the surface of mars!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:
You guys are cracking me up!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Made of silicon - well if its an unknown species we can call it - Jordan's Bracket.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
smoky mountain DNA yall, off topic, gary you like your wolves, did you see that programme about the yellowstone wolves the other night ?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Seen it several times - in fact I just completed an on-line theory course in wolf and wild life management and that was one of the reference works.

Brilliant. Why?

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
just wondered , i saw it and was blown away by it, what a project to work on,what a privelidge too

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Anyone could do it - just search on line loads of centres do similar courses. Its a great way to explore the theory of many outdoor subjects and to get the old noodle ticking over. You just need to have the time too did it.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
cool i`ll have a look, just offered my time to kent wildlife trust too fro volunteer work

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Thats the way to do it - I do volunteer conversation work for the woodland trust and epping forest volunteers when I get time - gets you out doing some good and helps with the bushcraft training etc at the same time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE