Trip Report 2 nights of Woodland Camping, Craft and Cookery...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi all,

Thought I'd share this video on here because I did actually do some 'bushcrafty stuff' this time around!

I spent two nights in the woods. I brought some good food to cook over the fire, my meals were planned specifically so that I could play with a new Evernew titanium frying pan!

I lit the fire with birch and Chestnut bark that I'd foraged on the walk in. It was quite windy and I found that the Chestnut tinder bundle helped prevent the fine birch bark dust from blowing away.

Later in the camp I put my knife to task on some surprisingly twisted old pine and practiced carving feathersticks, I had much better results by bracing the knife against my knee and pulling the timber through.

I also carved a nice little spatula to go with the new frying pan. All in all, it was a really nice couple of days of dirt time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE