West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Is someone bringing a bow saw?

I recall at the last meet some of the larger tree trunks proved too much for a Laplander...

I'll be bringing a couple with me for us to use.

When is it first OK to turn up on Friday?

Woodstock and I are planning to get there around 3'ish. I think Dec was going to let people at the site know that there's a few people coming a long way and may be arriving early.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I am hoping woodstock can bring a couple of bunnies and maybe a tree rat or two, I will try for the same and I have some muntjack in the freezer already, if we budgeted on 50p -£1 per head I could buy enough to make a pretty large cauldrons worth?
If the bunnies do happen I am quite happy to show anyone interested how to skin and gut them, it's not as messy or smelly as it sounds.[/QUOTE]

Im going out in the morning do you want the rabbits skin on cleaned or do you what me to leave one for a demo as if its left intact it taints the meat, So if you let me know how you would like them

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
been having man flu last week and a bit this week

You're a Snot Goblin too then? - at the moment my nasal passages could supply the world with lemon curd :yuck:.

Get the chance to use my old trangia which i unearthed from the garage last night and after straightening the top it doesn't look in bad shape considering it's 20+ yrs old !!

That's the beauty of a trangia - no moving parts to fail. OK ... you might have to replace the burner cap seal :D - especially if a scout's been near it :banghead:

Is it worth bringing gaiters as previous post suggested ?

It won't harm :umbrella:

just checked Met office site and it looks like light rain showers all weekend but sunny intervals on Sunday, typical.:(

When is it first OK to turn up on Friday?
I think Dec was going to let people at the site know that there's a few people coming a long way and may be arriving early.

Erm ..... I may have dropped the ball on this one :eek: . I don't think I checked because, if memory serves, the earliest arrival mentioned was in the afternoon - which wouldn't be a problem;
I'll know better when I can get hold of my Father-in-Law - Approx same time as last time Wayland?

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Woodstock, Best clean the guts out mate, would be a little funky otherwise, my bad.... leave the coats on though.
I am planning on getting there around 2-3ish all being well, I'm coming from the close side of Milton Keynes if anyone needs a ride?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
last night SWMBO fell off the kerb and managed to cut pretty much through her hand on a piece of broken glass, she wants me to stay home this weekend. hope you all have a great time over the weekend, i'm gonna sit in the garden and whittle, burn things, and sulk.
see you all next time hopefully

stuart

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
last night SWMBO fell off the kerb and managed to cut pretty much through her hand on a piece of broken glass, she wants me to stay home this weekend. hope you all have a great time over the weekend, i'm gonna sit in the garden and whittle, burn things, and sulk.

stuart

Ouch Stuart, that's painful for you both :( Hope your wife recovers quickly without any lasting damage. Fingers crossed you'll make it to the next moot without any mishap.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
last night SWMBO fell off the kerb and managed to cut pretty much through her hand on a piece of broken glass

Sorry to hear that. Please wish her a speedy recovery.

she wants me to stay home this weekend.

Swmbo did something very similar so I really can understand that :yikes: .

i'm gonna sit in the garden and whittle, burn things, and sulk.

No need to sulk - Take good care of her, the shock will require a bit of pampering; now think 'Brownie Points' ..... and with that think 'Which bit of kit would I like?' :eek:

Yup, there'll be a next one :cool: .

May 2, 2008
Coventry
Decorum I may have an extra person attending either friday or saturday night, unconfirmed as yet

decorum + poss 1 extra - ground dwelling for this one.
Mesquite + 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Bootstrap Bob - tarp and bivvi,
Wallenstein - tent.
Scrumpy - Scrumpy jr - Hammocks.
Woodstock + Mrs Woodstock + tent and -hammock.
T1tch - hammock.
Cobweb+Bramble+2 (if possible/real life allowing - confirm once date is set).
Wayland - Hammock + Mega tarp again.
Bodge + 2 or 3 or 4 - tents hammocks and tarps and kitchen sinks.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
Dingo + 2 hammock & tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock. + possibly 1 - tent
shaggystu + 1 - tarp and bivvis
Xylaria + tribe (2 adults+2children in all)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Decorum I may have an extra person attending either friday or saturday night, unconfirmed as yet

Not a problem.

I've corrected the Meet list to account for ill health, injuries and unfortunate coincidences.

Meet List:

Addo - Hammock & tarp (one night).
Andy2112 +1
Bodge + 2 or 3 or 4 - tents hammocks and tarps and kitchen sinks.
Bootstrap Bob - tarp and bivvi,
Bushcraft Bailey - Hammock (Poss +1).
Cobweb+Bramble+2 (if possible/real life allowing - pending possible work).
corr - tarp - hope so.
decorum - ground dwelling for this one (+ poss 1 extra).
Dingo + 2 hammock & tent.
EEM tent (one night).
Gwhtbushcraft + dad - hammocks.
maverick - hammock.
Mesquite + 2 extra - Tarp.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
Wallenstein - tent.
Scrumpy - Scrumpy jr - Hammocks.
Thunderbeard - Hammock. + possibly 1 - tent
Wayland - Hammock + Mega tarp again.
WhichDoctor - Tent - may not be there - reserve list for shooting may now apply. EDIT - underlined to draw the attention of some one who may wish to participate.
Woodstock - tent/hammock?
Xylaria + tribe (2 adults+2children in all)

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Going to have to pull out of the meet i'm afraid, one of our Dogs has had an operation and is not doing very well, its nothing life threatening, he's had his 'BITS' off, but the area has all swollen and he is paying a lot of attention to it! poor guy i dont think he's realised they are no longer there, he is very subdued and the wound is not healing so i dont want to leave him with our eldest as he doesnt cope with things very well, except when it directly affects HIS 'freetime' i am going to try and pop down in the day as my daughter wants to meet up with Bodges lot again and i can also pay for my raffle tickets, so hopefully i will see you guys tomorrow just a shame i cant stay:(

Going to have to pull out of the meet i'm afraid, one of our Dogs has had an operation and is not doing very well, its nothing life threatening, he's had his 'BITS' off, but the area has all swollen and he is paying a lot of attention to it! poor guy i dont think he's realised they are no longer there, he is very subdued and the wound is not healing so i dont want to leave him with our eldest as he doesnt cope with things very well, except when it directly affects HIS 'freetime' i am going to try and pop down in the day as my daughter wants to meet up with Bodges lot again and i can also pay for my raffle tickets, so hopefully i will see you guys tomorrow just a shame i cant stay:(

Ouch. Poor thing.
I'd better not tell liv about this, I'll keep quiet till it's too late:puppy_dog
I'll see you over the w/end mate.

Bodge:)

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I am sitting here looking out of the window and what a glorious evening to nice to be indoors anyway really enjoyed the meet what a great bunch of people hope we do it again soon

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thanks for a great meet All especially decorum for orginising it.
George
:)

I'll second that. All the hard work that Decorum does in organising the meet makes it such a great time for all. Decorum./..... :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

I am sitting here looking out of the window and what a glorious evening to nice to be indoors anyway really enjoyed the meet what a great bunch of people hope we do it again soon

Can't agree more, I throughly enjoyed myself and it was great seeing people again. Like Woodstock said, I hope we do it again real soon. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE