West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all for a great weekend. I don't organise, I merely facilitate - thanks to all for making it so easy :You_Rock_ .

My aplolgies to those who didn't get to do the activities we'd booked and thanks for having patience and bearing with me whilst I was failing to get the problems sorted :eek: :(

Thankyou to George and 'George's Dad' for their kind generosity :You_Rock_

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Just like to add my thanks to Decorum for this weekend's meet. :You_Rock_
An enjoyable first Midland's meet and I'm sure I'll be back.

Thanks to Woodstock too for the pigeon prep demo. :)

The final figure for the Midlands Meet BcUK raffle was £216.

Thank you to all those who donated and a special thank you to Bernie (http://www.berax.co.uk) who's extra-special donation made for an increasing air of suspense as the raffle drew towards its climax :D .

Now that is fantastic news.
Great meet folks and a pleasure to meet new and familiar faces:)
Adam is once again in a very saddened state and was protesting as he stomped upstairs to bed.
Thanks to the stew people it was great, big thanks to decorum whom I missed and didn't get chance to say farewell to:bye: :bye:
didn't need my:umbrella: so its a bonus.

I look forward to the next one decorum:You_Rock_

I really do love the rough close site especially No 11.

Bodge:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Forgot to say - Those who were lucky enough to walk away with a prize, we hope you enjoy them and congratulations to Mesquite - you lucky, lucky ... person :D .

shaggystu - we hope swmbo is beginning to heal; please give her our best.

Dingo - we hope the patient is doing well.

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Many thanks once again for a brilliant weekend, we will be back!! Great to catch up with you lot again and hopefully we will bump in to some of you at the moot.
Funny thing happened on the way home, battery died in the sat nav so I thought I could wing it easy enough, got thoroughly lost, realising I needed to go generally south to pick up the 45 back to the M1 I said to Oliver get out the compass you won in the raffle and got him to navigate me south and we picked up the way home after about 10 mins, saved me a lot of time messing about and taught him a lesson in how affective a compass can be even to a novice, great end to the weekend.
When is the next one Decorum???

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Many thanks once again for a brilliant weekend, we will be back!! Great to catch up with you lot again and hopefully we will bump in to some of you at the moot.
said to Oliver get out the compass you won in the raffle and got him to navigate me south and we picked up the way home after about 10 mins, saved me a lot of time messing about and taught him a lesson in how affective a compass can be even to a novice,

Well done Olly thats how fate works Scrumpy good job you did.nt win the knife you could still be lost :D but with a cracking knife:)

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Now thinking about it he gave away the compass he won, the one that got us home was the one you gave him, looks like I owe you a cider! I'll see you at the moot with some cider as payment and tie a rope all the way back to your hammock for you to follow, put pillows in the ditches and maybe leave some candles burning to make sure you make it back, you drunken bafoon, I would have loved to seen you, Wayland and Thunderbeard (maybe more?) stumbling around in random directions, Thunderbeard failing to get a grip of balance in a hammock and mud munching, Woodstock's multiple stumbles in such a short distance and wayland's turn right theory, still cant quite get a grasp on that one but after enough Westons I suppose it works!

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Wot a fantastic weekend :)

Had a top time, really enjoyed it... looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to Dec for the organisation, and everyone else who took the time to pass on their expertise - I have a whole new set of skills to practice now.

I'll post up some pics in the Out and About forum in the week - would be great to see any other pics people took.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
*sniff* Im really sorry I missed it now. I could have come to, if id checked the thread earlier.
Next one Ill be down , but i might have to cadge a lift off another northener.

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
I have to say, that Charlotte and i thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, i am fairly new to this, and it was nice to sit round the fire with some good company learning new tricks and getting some ideas for next time.
Once again... thanks to Decorum for organising a great event.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Glad you all had a great time,and will see if i can make the next one,and perhaps bring a deer down for a skinning and a butchery demo,then a big scoff.

Bernie

Jesus Bernie not a deer I was showing some of the guys the best way to de-breast a pigeon without a knife it translated back to the scout leaders I was pulling the heads of rabbits :yikes: god knows what would happen if they saw you skinning a deer :D
No that would be great

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Glad you all had a great time,and will see if i can make the next one,and perhaps bring a deer down for a skinning and a butchery demo,then a big scoff.

Bernie

:D

Jesus Bernie not a deer I was showing some of the guys the best way to de-breast a pigeon without a knife it translated back to the scout leaders I was pulling the heads of rabbits :yikes: god knows what would happen if they saw you skinning a deer :D
No that would be great

Hmm, just how do you rip the head off of a rabbit that isn't actually there? The complaint went to the site staff :yikes: . As far as I'm aware it's now been sorted out and laid to rest. As a bit of insurance in future I'll invite a few crew down who are interested in learning how to do it - there are plenty :D - it'll also further our relationship with the site :cool:

I have a whole new set of skills to practice now.

One of the best things about Meets is the inspiration that they can cause - followed by the frustration of finding the time to make the ideas 'real' :D

*sniff* Im really sorry I missed it now. I could have come to, if id checked the thread earlier.
Next one Ill be down , but i might have to cadge a lift off another northener.

You posted in the thread (mid June I think) that, at the time, you were already going to be busy.

i wished i could have made it, are there any ideas on the next one floating round yet?

Ideas are plentiful :D.

:eek: Note to all :eek:
I'll post up some pics in the Out and About forum in the week - would be great to see any other pics people took.

:eek: Please remember to crop/modify me out of the pics - thanks in advance :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE