West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Just a little reminder as I have posted do we still need a Xlarge cooking pot because I have to carry it a distance and dont wont to unless it is going to be used it iim sure its big enough to feed all

:dunno: I've no idea, I think that it may well be worth humping it up and down though.

Did everyone see my post on the cook out ? The one about doing a list for the veggies etc ? What does anyone think about it ? good idea or no ?

I've purposely left the 'Saturday Special' alone to see whether it developed - it seems to be spluttering :lmao: . Unless we have a complete foodie(s) with us Ithink that it can be a bit unfair to 'tie' a small number of folk to the fire area for one third of the day (based on 8hours asleep and 5 hours sorting the roast and veg).

will there be a problem for me as with Addo with the raffle as i am thinking of donating a few prizes ?

Andy

:dunno: Can I take it that you'll be arriving during Saturday?? :dunno:

Although I want to give folk the chance to get the chance to use their 'winnings' if they wish, I have nothing against holding a mini-raffle a bit later on. If you're in the position where you'd need to pre-order tickets and would like some - just multi-P.M the quantity to myself, Mesquite and woodstock (please don't post quantity in this thread!) - Prices: Non-sharps raffle - 50p per ticket & sharps raffle is £1 per ticket

SWMBO has decided against it, she's off to a folk festival instead so just myself now.

cheers,

stuart

Ok, not a problem.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
:dunno: Can I take it that you'll be arriving during Saturday?? :dunno:

Decorum,

I'll be there Friday night so i suppose there will be no problem for me after all. Doh !!

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Heh, no kidding!

On a serious note, has the recent rainfall turned the site into a swamp, or is it still reasonably firm underfoot?

Middlemud is worse!!!!

Generally in past the communal eating that goes on tends to be various people bring good/wild/wierd/local foods to give other people tastes, a fat stew pot is useally a nice thing. You put anything(except cheep burgers) in a stew pot. Once numbers go above 10 mouths catering training and catering size cooking pots become more or less required to get a dish right unless its stew. And i agree with decorum that is lot pressure on one person either to bring the untensils or do the cooking. I have cooked for 22 people over a campfire it is not that easy. I useally bring some wild food (veggies and fruits) but I can't relibily provide a single dish for a large number people. Well maybe nettles and sowthistle. I just think the food should be kept informal.

If you have issues carrying the pot woodstock i might be able to ask the hubby to pick it up in car if the pot is in coventry.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
GRAND SAUSAGE COOK OFF

Wayland and I were going to have a sausage cook off between us on the Friday night of the meet but we thought it would be a bit more fun if others joined in as well.

Rules are very simple and are as follows:

1) 6 sausages to be cooked of your favourite variety
2) Sausages may be cooked any way the entrant wishes to,
3) No sauces or other 'flavour enhancers' to be used other than what is in the sausage.
4) Entrants can enter more than one variety but there must be 6 cooked in each entry.
5) £1 per entry, funds to go into the BcUK raffle fund.
6) Judging to be done by I don't know who or how (other than eating them) :D

No need to say you'll enter it or anything, just turn up with your sausages on the Friday night.

GRAND SAUSAGE COOK OFF

Wayland and I were going to have a sausage cook off between us on the Friday night of the meet but we thought it would be a bit more fun if others joined in as well.

Rules are very simple and are as follows:

1) 6 sausages to be cooked of your favourite variety
2) Sausages may be cooked any way the entrant wishes to,
3) No sauces or other 'flavour enhancers' to be used other than what is in the sausage.
4) Entrants can enter more than one variety but there must be 6 cooked in each entry.
5) £1 per entry, funds to go into the BcUK raffle fund.
6) Judging to be done by I don't know who or how (other than eating them) :D

No need to say you'll enter it or anything, just turn up with your sausages on the Friday night.

I'll be there running around the campfire squeezing and shaking my sausage in excitement:lmao:

Bodge:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm having a few login problems at the moment (I think it's at my end) so I may be slow giving answers or updates.

At the moment it's looking like it'll be wet towards the end of the week; but it's too soon to say for certain whether there's the possibility of a wet Meet.

GRAND SAUSAGE COOK OFF

Good idea :approve:.

At the moment it looks like I'll be keeping away from all communal cooking/food as I've a rather serious bout of man flu - you could glue leather together with the mucus that's coming out of me at the moment :yuck: - I, and Bernies' knife, will still be there though!

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
i know this could possibly be me being lazy, but this thread is humungus and i havent the will to search!
could someone either post or send me some directions from the end of the M69 please;) , thank you in advance.

Adam.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
i know this could possibly be me being lazy, but this thread is humungus and i havent the will to search!
could someone either post or send me some directions from the end of the M69 please;) , thank you in advance.

Adam.

No need to search - just check out the original (first) post :lmao: .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Or being a bit nicer:

Off M69 and onto A 46,
Follow A 46 to its juntion with the A 45,
Follow A 45 to Tile Hill - It's quite a large junction and has a Sainsbury supermarket on it.
Turn left on to Tile Hill Lane and follow the road for 'a couple of miles'.
At the lights at theTexaco petrol station (The junction looks like a cross-roads - it isn't!) go straight on up onto Tanners Lane.
About a mile and a half up Tanners Lane there is a phone box on the right - the entrance to the site is just meters before it.

Hello folks
does anyone have a spare tarp I could maybe use at midlands meet please.
I use a dpm issue tarp but I may need one for my lad. I have a poncho but after a soak testing it appears to be slightly teabagish:)
I aim to get one eventually but cant decide which size. I feel a large 4m x 3m maybe better so we can both get under it but I havn't made my mind up yet and dont want to rush in and end up buying another one when I change my mind.:D

If someone would be kind enough to take a spare for me that would be great.
It would need to be big enough for a small dude in a hammock and waterproof, I guess 2mx 2.85m.

Thanks in advance

Bodge:D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
does anyone have a spare tarp I could maybe use at midlands meet please.......If someone would be kind enough to take a spare for me that would be great.
It would need to be big enough for a small dude in a hammock and waterproof, I guess 2mx 2.85m.

Would the BIG grey thing I used at the last Meet do you?

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Has there been a decision made about the meat? I am happy to get some but will need to get it ordered very soon, like tomorrow or is everyone happy to just bring what you like and go from there?
I am hoping woodstock can bring a couple of bunnies and maybe a tree rat or two, I will try for the same and I have some muntjack in the freezer already, if we budgeted on 50p -£1 per head I could buy enough to make a pretty large cauldrons worth?
If the bunnies do happen I am quite happy to show anyone interested how to skin and gut them, it's not as messy or smelly as it sounds.

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it to the meat. I've not been very well for a while but was really hoping to recover in time, alas it don't look like it now :( .

Really sorry to miss it, I hope you all have a good time and the weather is kind.

All the best WD

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it to the meat.

I'm sorry to hear that you're so unwell, as Andy said there'll be more :D and I hope you'll be up to joining us.

A 'just in case' note:
If, by miracle, you're feeling better by the weekend then feel free to come down - no need to post/P.M to ask!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE