Webhosting Reccomendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
If anyone has some reccomendations for good, reliable web hosting companies then please let me know here, I have been having to many problems with my current host and am thinking of moving if I can sort out the issue I'm having with the host at the moment.
Thanks.

Scott.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Anyone else? I'm planning to move soon so more reccomendations would be appreciated. 1and1 doesn't quite have the features I need.

M

marcja

1 and 1 are my hosts aswell. No complaints whatsoever.

I've also used these guys for other projects in the past, they're reasonably priced, I believe their based in the UK and their very helpful.

Hope this helps.

Marc

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
My host is uklinux.net, I don't consider them cheap, but they are penguin friendly :D

They have php, mysql and apache which is all that I need.

I've installed mambo and phpBB there so you can run content management systems. You don' t get much space for your money though.

You don't get any of the Microsoft stuff like exchange or sharepoint though (if you are like me, this may not be an issue).

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Have a look here http://www.frozenmidnighthosting.com I first thought this was like one of those unreliable and unprofessional companies where they rent some sort of sell-on account from a bigger company and try and set up a company of their own -because of the hugely cheap prices and apparent unlimited features, surely they will just overload the servers with unlimited MySQL databases as too many people would be trying to connect. But it does seem to be quite a big,extensive site and if they have a lot of customers then I suppose they make up for their initial losses by charging cheap prices and having lots of customers rather than charging high prices and having far fewer customers...

What do you think?

Jul 28, 2005
Surrey
Like a number of others I haveone site with oneandone... no bad things to say. They are around £6 pm. For £35 pa, I also use Aceinternet and have for years. Nice people, and no serious problems

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I have used UH Hosting now for 18 months after moving from Fasthosts and find them very good. Nice personal service to date. MYSQL/PHP support etc, all controlled through the very good cPanel interface which simplifies things a lot. Good value.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE