My first bushcraft event

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
So I've never been to any kind of bushcraft event, gathering, meetup or even gone out and done it with anyone before. It's just been something I've done on my own, even without really calling it bushcraft for the first half of my life. Or it's been stuff I did incidentally through the Army many moons ago, but these days I am far more about peaceful enjoyment of nature, being comfortable and the occasional getting up to lighthearted mischief.

I've booked a full week ticket and a teepee thing because I would like to see how others' have their pitches set up, build myself a kit list and then go from there rather than just buying things and hoping for the best - though I'll be bringing my poncho (tarp) and things for if I want to do a night or two under a basha, which is the sort of sleeping arrangement I am used to for aforementioned reasons.

Really excited to learn new skills. I'm a keen (and might I even say competent!) cook, so this sounds like a wonderful opportunity to build knowledge and experience whilst getting some outdoor soul-reinvigoration.

I'll be coming on my tod and don't really know anyone here beyond posting over the last year or so, so if there are people or groups willing to be patient with a newbie to these sort of events and are happy for me to hang around and share a beer/dram and chatting nonsense of an evening that'd be much appreciated!

Reactions: Toddy

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Have you booked for the winter or summer moot? Either way you'll have a great time with a great bunch of like minded people. I know Rough Close well, and it has fantastic facilities, and plenty of places to hammock or ground dwell as you choose. The Teepee pods are very comfortable and dry. You'll have a great time there, enjoy.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Have you booked for the winter or summer moot? Either way you'll have a great time with a great bunch of like minded people. I know Rough Close well, and it has fantastic facilities, and plenty of places to hammock or ground dwell as you choose. The Teepee pods are very comfortable and dry. You'll have a great time there, enjoy.
I should've clarified that really - it's the Winter one in February.

And thanks, sure it's gonna be a great few days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE