WANTED......Split cane fishing rod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
bit of a long shot but here goes.......

anyone got a split cane coarse fishing rod knocking about they want rid of ?

looking for a float rod if possible .

cheers

Robbi

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
They tend to fetch reasonable money - and to be honest a split cane "Float Rod" will be even rarer as most were made for Game fishing i.e. fly or spinning :) Good luck with your search !!

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Damn you Robbi. Now I'm looking at them too!

I do not need a split cane rod. I do not need a split cane rod. I do not need a split cane rod...

Rosahane

Jan 21, 2013
Ireland
I have a Hardy Palakona fly rod with spare tip that has never been used which I inherited. It still has the remains of the cellophane on the cork handle!

I was often tempted to use it but resisted the urge :cool:

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
a nice combination :)

rodandreel2_zpsd22f5215.jpg

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
oh yes you do :)

being a traditional blacksmith, i would have thought that you would be a traditional fisherman :)

Sadly I don't get out fishing anyway near enough these days. I did some sea fishing last year and even made it out with the fly rod in early summer! I'd really like to have another bash at the trout this year!

Sadly I just cant justify the funds on a split cane rod that will rarely get used. - I need the money to finish kitting out the shed, just bought a pillar drill :D

Looks like you bagged a lovely rod though Robbi!

All the best
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE