Fishing in Galloway Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I'm planning a week long wild camp in Galloway Forest, mid to late January 2024. I'd like to do a spot of pike and perch fishing as I wander from Loch to Loch....

Does anyone have information on fishing permits required for Loch Stroan, Loch Fleet, and Loch Grannoch, please?

I've had a Google, and while I can find numerous Facebook pages (members only, and I don't have or want a Facebook account), I cannot find info about where to buy permits online prior to my arrival...... im hoping the hive may be able to point me in the right direction.....

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Looked already buddy. Unless I'm missing something, even FishPal doesn't list those lochs to book permits....
You can find the website/email addresses of the places listed at the bottom of the page & ask if it's possible to obtain a permit online. Looks like you'll only need one permit for all the waterways anyway.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
You can find the website/email addresses of the places listed at the bottom of the page & ask if it's possible to obtain a permit online. Looks like you'll only need one permit for all the waterways anyway.
I must be blind! . I cannot see website or email address on the forestry page or the fish pal page for the lochs I'm interested in..... do you have any contact details that could point me in the right direction?

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
I must be blind! . I cannot see website or email address on the forestry page or the fish pal page for the lochs I'm interested in..... do you have any contact details that could point me in the right direction?
Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but all you have to do is copy the addresses listed at the bottom of the Galloway Forest website (other places to buy permits) & then paste them in your search engine & on those sites, you will find contact details
e.g.
Or (click on general enquiries)

Or prehaps you could contact the Galloway Fisheries Trust mail@gallowayfisheriestrust.org,

Or maybe you could get some info from here; https://www.flyfishing.co.uk/threads/galloway-forest-park-fishing.172110/

Last edited:
Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but all you have to do is copy the addresses listed at the bottom of the Galloway Forest website (other places to buy permits) & then paste them in your search engine & on those sites, you will find contact details
e.g.
Or (click on general enquiries)

Or prehaps you could contact the Galloway Fisheries Trust mail@gallowayfisheriestrust.org,

Or maybe you could get some info from here; https://www.flyfishing.co.uk/threads/galloway-forest-park-fishing.172110/
I dont mind a bit of egg sucking! Thanks matey!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE