vargo BOT

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
20140718_104258.jpg

20140720_113558.jpg

20140720_111927.jpg

I've had a vargo Bot (titanium) for a few months and I thought I'd give my thoughts on it.
Light and well made. Does not leak when it's full of water. Needs a pot grab to be effective.
Sits well on a biolite stove. Bit wobbly on a Bushcooker. It's height makes it good standing in embers.
I boiled almost the full pot of water in 15mins in the embers.
I'm sure a wire bail handle could easily be knocked up for hanging ove a fire.
Very expensive for what it is but works well.
20140504_104258-1.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Some expensive kit in that picture, what is your working verdict on the usb charger stove i see there?

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
It's ok as an emergency charger but you got to burn a lot of twigs to power up a phone.
They are a pain to get going but when they are going they work well.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the straight up answer, i liked the look of them but it was to be as a charger for phone/gps figuring i made enough cuppas for it not be a hassle and every now and then I still check them out waiting for the price to drop, I ended up buying a 5v Solar charger with a usb attachment for the purpose as a makedo until i could afford to splash out on the stove charger, was amazed how well that gadget turned out as i was sceptical to how much useful sun levels we get up here but it even works well on a cloudy day

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
It really needs to burn hardwood like hazel , birch, beech and oak to work well (same as any woodgas stove), spruce and pine just dont work as well, takes a few minutes to get going so not great as a hike stove .
I'm waiting for a small chargeable dab radio so I'll share my findings, it's fine topping up my phone but I haven't attempted a full charge yet and it doesn't store power either.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Get a USb power pack for that, i have 2 of these and every time there is a bit of sun i put them on the solar charger, then use these to charge my devices, i haven't paid to charge my mobile, helmet cam or gps in over 4 months, 2 is totally excessive as one does the job perfect as it will charge a phone from dead up to 5 times from a full charge, having 2 does extend my power storage and their lifespan

power pack can charge anything with a usb charger that uses a 5v charge (iphone ipad and any mobile and a hundred other things that charge from usb)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE