Tablet not setting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
I've just had a go at making some Tablet,looks like i didn't boil it enough.It's sitting in the fridge at the mo,i was hoping it would set a bit more than it has.I was wondering,could i lob it back in a saucepan and boil it a bit more,or is all lost.it tastes lovely though,so we will eat it anyway.I just wanted to take some on a day hike tomorrow,but it wont travel well as is.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You can. Just bring it back up to the boil, don't let it stick or burn, make sure it's at the soft ball stage (a wee dribble in a mug of cold water will form a soft ball you can squidge between your fingers), take it off the heat and beat it really well.....Himself sometimes does that by putting the pot into a sink with a couple of inches of cold water, but you have to be careful because it'll set really quickly that way.

Best of luck with it :)

M

Reactions: billycoen

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
Thankyou Toddy,i've just been back to it after a couple of hours,i think it will be ok to go in my snap tin tomorrow.Better luck next time:)

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE