Swedish Lapland 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
"Optimus Nova fully serviced as a back up for cooking"

If the Nova is your reserve stove what are you using for the main stove?

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Looks absolutely great - having travelled nearby in the summer (Abisko, Kungsleden etc) I'm very jealous of your winter trip.

We flew with Norwegian, and I was very happy with them except for one small problem. Our overstuffed Vulcans weighed about 23kg each. We thought that our 2 x 20kg allowance would easily cover this, but the automated scales said no. Easily remedied as we took the side pockets off and zipped them together as secondary luggage. One set of pockets disappeared for a while at Oslo airport but it was all sorted in the end and a great trip.

Happy anniversary to you both!

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hey Cliff, hope you both a have a great trip and happy anniversary.
How does the Carinthia Arctic bag compare to the Brit issue one. Is it a smaller pack size and warmer.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Looks absolutely great - having travelled nearby in the summer (Abisko, Kungsleden etc) I'm very jealous of your winter trip.

We flew with Norwegian, and I was very happy with them except for one small problem. Our overstuffed Vulcans weighed about 23kg each. We thought that our 2 x 20kg allowance would easily cover this, but the automated scales said no. Easily remedied as we took the side pockets off and zipped them together as secondary luggage. One set of pockets disappeared for a while at Oslo airport but it was all sorted in the end and a great trip.

Happy anniversary to you both!

I had issues coming back from Gardermoen this year. All the scales were automated and the one I picked wouldn't take my bag. It showed 23kg which didn't seem right to me, it felt bang on 20kg.
I waited a few minutes for the queue to die down and took the opp to put my bag on all the scales in the row. All weighed a different amount.
23.5kg the highest, 18.5 kg the lowest. Lesson learnt; head straight for the manned desk or try all the machines. :)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Have fun, Sylvia and Cliff! The dogs will go like a 'bat out of heck' the first hour or so of each new / fresh start after they are rested. Hang on and keep some 'on you own / alone kit' on your person when driving the sled. Hopefully you will get a 'training' day / time to get the feel of how the teams and sleds handle.

73465e58-f411-4bf8-9cfa-2a2f935800b3_zps4f2276e3.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE