Sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi all,

Im off to Göteborg in feb on a one day course ( not bushcrafty - its a work thing )

I might have a spare day after the course - can someone recommend some must sees of the city or local surounding areas please, ( or is sweden in darkness that time of year ? )

Thanks

Laurence

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
There is the Naturkompaniet outdoor stores to drool around in. There is the bisquit factory seconds at Göteborgs Kex in Kungälv. There are two huge IKEAs and some other shopping centers. If you are into geocaching, Swedens oldest operational geocache is close by.

It gets dark about 1600 here in february, but it is ok anyway.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
There isn't so much things to do in town in february. For sunrise/sunsets times check this out.

It is really hard to know what to recommend without knowing your preferences. If you're into art and culture there is some nice places. The art museum has the worlds largest collection of nordic art. Hasselblad centre has a lot of stuff by extremely competent photographers. There is a vast host of independent gallerys.

If you don't fancy that kind of stuff, but more manly/boyish stuff such as technology and the like there is a cool nautical museum, a ship museum ( a lot of ships lumped together so you can go into everyone, I think they still have a sub lying around there), volvo has their own museum, there is supposed to be a radio museum somewhere, haven't seen it though. One of the garnisons has a museum too.

If you like historical sites or architecture there some stuff to do as well. A lot of historical tours start from the Gusta Adolf square. There is a couple of different forts around, some are nice, most are not. The nicest one being 80 km south og GBG, the second nicest being some 20 km north. Then there is countless semi-sites with really uninteresting historical facts.

Give us a run down of what you like and I'll see what I can come up with.

OR we could just go out and do some ice-fishing (if the weather is up for it..)

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
OK,

My Sweden trip shorted than i hoped for, So no time to do anything much.

arrive 14:00 on sunday 9th - so have from then till night to play, course is 09:00 till 17:00 on Monday 10th - then play, flying back 10:30 Tue 11th !

Staying in hotetl in town in Odinsgaten ?,

So expect i'll just shop ( drink )

Loz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE