stromeng leuku

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Anyone know where is the best place to buy one of these?its the 8 or 9 inch blade? thanks..
leuku.jpg
[/IMG]

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Got mine from attlebourough too - very very nice - could almost replace my axe....
I tend to use it for brush clearing whilst looking for arrows at field shoots - because it fits in my quiver its very sheeple friendly - more so than my machete.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i love it. it's very weildy and easy to use. it's very sharp, holds a fantastic edge and is fairly lightweight and yet has a fantastic chopping ability. i've used it to chop down saplings and make spoons. and pretty much everything inbetween
have you noticed that i like it? :D

akraven

Dec 18, 2004
Alaska
Not to hijack the thread but anybody have any thoughts comparing this Leuku to the Iisakki Järvenpää leauku? I found an old post of Hoodoo's that mention he likes the Stromeng better. Anybody else have any thoughts? akraven

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
This seems like a semi-approriate place to say that I just ordered a leuku blade from Brisa that was down from 16 to 10 euros in their monthly special offers. Look for 'special offers' near the bottom of the main menu.

I can't wait to get that baby handled-up and show a piece of bamboo that it's life's purpose is to be my fishing rod. :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
it's a scandi grind, so just hone flat. and i just strop it on either my starkie or my belt.
funnily enough i got mine in norway too.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
arctic hobo said:
That reminds me, how did your Norway tour go?

Awesome....... 4000miles through some amazing wilderness in places.

I bought a hand made Sapmi knife with an amazing kolrussed scabbard (not one of the usual tourist monkey metal ones) which has now become my full time bushcraft knife.

I got hold of loads of useful materials like elk antler and reindeer leather which are like rocking horse droppings in the UK.

Then I spent a month working here

They've asked me to go again next year, what do you think?

Attachments

• borg knife.JPG
    borg knife.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 214

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Tor helge said:
Wayland

Is the seax the same as you had (unfinished) at Borg earlier this year.
It looks like an awesome knife.
Do you have other pics of it ?

Tor

Hi Tor

Yes it is, I have other shots but I haven't edited them down to a sensible size for the web yet. That's another thing to add to my list of jobs :rolleyes:

It was good to meet you, if only briefly. Everything was kind of crazy when you arrived with about a dozen things happening at once. By the time things calmed down I couldn't find you again. I hope I didn't seem rude.

Did you have a good day?

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Yes Wayland I had a good day.
Ran around trying to get a glimt of everything that was going on. Not an easy task with a child and others who have their own agenda :) .
I have you on video by the way. I filmed the archery contest (and some other stuff).
I wish I had more time at Borg but I was on my way to the next stop, Steigen and the saga days there.
Looking forward to see the other pics of the seax.
:beerchug:

Tor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE