Spoon, Spatula & Butter knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
I never inserted an image before so I hope this works ok. The spoon and spatula I made from ash while the butter knife is made from sweet chestnut.

IMG_0264.jpg

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
Thanks for the comments!

Jon I used my knife and a little work with the crook knife on the spoon....only thing I did to get the shape was draw it on the blank and then proceed to take my time. I cheated a little with the holes (elec drill) :theyareon

I havent finished them yet but I think i'l try the liquid parafin method weaver recommended in another thread as they will probably get a good lot of use and I want them to last!

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
When I carved the ash it was drying as I was carving over a number of days so it would of been fully dry when finished....it was difficult to carve though as it is ash after all but no bending....maybe when I oil them??

I wouldnt worry about a little bending though, I think it adds to the character...I love that they are not perfect!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE