Spreaders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Finished playing with butter spreaders for the time being.

I tried a few different styles, some with fairly subtle changes, like a different shaped handle.

I finally settled on the three as shown, i like the shapes and they work well, woods used for the three keepers are from top to bottom, Ash, Sweet Chestnut and Hazel.

Next project please

53366503043_b61a5ec649_c.jpg

53366753450_3fa578ed47_c.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lovely work :)

How about spurtles....not the thick brushshaft tourist tatt stuff, but real ones, like this.

1701362574538.png

My Dad carved that one over fifty years ago. I've worn the corners rounded.
It gets right into the edge of the pot. It's great for porridge, for rice pudding, custard and polenta.

M

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex

How about spurtles....not the thick brushshaft tourist tatt stuff, but real ones, like this.

View attachment 83918

It gets right into the edge of the pot. It's great for porridge, for rice pudding, custard and polenta.

M
Brilliant idea, i'll get my carer to grab some timber from the shed for me tomorrow

Reactions: Toddy

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol

View attachment 83918

M
Nice work on your spreaders there. They're amazingly satisfying to use, and carve.

Nice to see some proper oats there Mary.
That's real porridge.

Reactions: Kepis and Toddy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice work Mark. all three of those look great.

For me personally, if you combined the upswept handle of the ash one with the blade of the sweet chestnut you'd have it nailed :)

Reactions: Kepis

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice work Mark. all three of those look great.

For me personally, if you combined the upswept handle of the ash one with the blade of the sweet chestnut you'd have it nailed :)
Will have to see what i can do :cool:

Jan 1, 2024
LANCASHIRE
I carved thistles on my arrows once.
Stuck the knife (Sharpened and warned from my Dad to be careful) right down the tip of my thumb. Two mile walk with a flappy digit and white bone showing and a trip to A&E.

Old style Matron said it needed cleaning and used a scrubbing brush and Hibiscrub to scrub the wound. Queue my head ending up between my legs waiting for me to 'come to'.

I'll maybe leave the decoration.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE