spitewinter october 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
you know that, i know that, some folk think it's some kind of joke. i thought it might just be prudent to point out before i end up sharing my sleeping bag with some hypothermic plonker who's turned up in flip-flops and speedos carrying nowt but a mora and a toothbrush, it's not supposed to be that kind of a weekend.

stuart
Not unless there are some lovely girlies.....or some VERY pretty boys hahaha

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
always good to see new faces, hope you can make it down for both/either nights

this is how the list looks at the moment

shaggystu (probably +1)
Elines
Cliv
dave53 (tbc)
PREPER
IntrepidStu
Ged - hopefully
Wayland (TBC)
Istvan (from Friday night till sunday)
MSkiba (friday and/or saturday TBC)
Jim (Sunday night only)
see you all soon

Looking forward to it, I've heard that there is an emergency duvet store that opens up if it gets a bit chilly.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
look forward to meeting you hogstable (jim i presume?)

this is how the list looks at the moment

shaggystu - all 4 nights
Elines - from friday
Cliv - all 4 nights
dave53 (tbc)
PREPER - just one night (sat iirc)
IntrepidStu - all 4 nights
Ged - visiting in the day but not overnighting
Wayland - from friday
Istvan - friday and saturday nights
MSkiba - friday and/or saturday
Jim - Sunday night only

i think that's right

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
right then, that's me off to spitewinter (so you'll not get a response from me now until monday, if anyone wants to ask "can i come up" the answer is yes).

see you all there soon, travel safe.

stuart

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Well it was cold on Saturday night and very windy on Friday night plus rain - but none of that stopped a fantastic weekend. Once again I am amazed at the level of knowledge of people attending these weekends and their willingness in passing it on.

Particular thanks to:

• Stu for arranging it and his generosity
• Ged for all his advice on what is happening when working metal, in particular sharpening knives, and for bringing loads of stuff to illustrate
• Clive for a practical demonstration in sharpening (higher management’s) kitchen knife
• Istvan for demonstrating how to make a tipi clone from a DD XL tarp
• Wayland for explaining the mysteries of a military compass (the sort that has a mirror and you can’t use in the same was as a baseplate compass)

(Pictures to follow if I can remember how to do it)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Didn't take many...

Winter_Hammock-3.jpg

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
thanks all for another great meet, it's nice to see the site starting to live up to it's name.:hatscarf:

thanks especially for all the help with with the scouts :grouphug:

looking forward to next years meets already, and i'll keep you all up to date with what the site say regarding a winter meet.

cheers

stuart

p.s. clive, i've got your poncho, probably see you next weekend though.
stu, i've got your files, what would you like me to do with them?

Last edited:

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Thanks for a great Sunday night Stuart and Hogstable.
Sorry I only caught the rest of you for the last hour before you left on the Sunday.
Looking forward to a winter meet.

Cheers,

PREPER....... :)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
This is where we spent a lot of time

CIMG5380.JPG

CIMG5331.JPG

The man himself

CIMG5333.JPG

along with some others

CIMG5344.JPG

and this is why we were at the fire - the builder's waste wood provided for firewood included hardboard which burnt beautifully

CIMG5362.JPG

Istvan with his tipi clone - using a standard 3m x 3m DD tarp. Just to emphasise: Istvan set these up just as an experiment on Sunday morning

CIMG5384.JPG

and Istvan again but this time using a DD XL tarp (4.5m x 3m) - I'd really like to give this a go as it provides plenty of room, with the shelter of a tent but the more open air you get from a tarp. With a little re-positioning of pegs you could probably close the door to keep out bad weather, and still have plenty of room inside for yourself and a reasonable amount of gear (rules me out then!)

CIMG5385.JPG]

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
thanks for the photo's chris, as per usual i completely forgot to take any, i'm hoping that stu's gonna post some of the many that he took soon

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE