spitewinter october 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Apologies to all, something has come up in the real world and I can't make this one.

Have a great time one and all.

List Amended:

shaggystu (probably +1)
Elines
Cliv
dave53 (tbc)
PREPER
IntrepidStu
Ged - hopefully
Wayland (TBC)
Istvan (from Friday night till sunday)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Cheers mate, nothing bad; just my garden, the blokes decided to start now. :)

well it's about time, see you soon mate

Anyone got the OS grid ref? Im getting a lift off Clive, but its nice to have a look at the surrounding areas as well.
Cheers
Stu.

SK 342 665 - i'll bring the relevant OS sheet along

cheers

stuart

Last edited:

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Is it sheet 268 Stu?? If so, ive got it here. Just runnin round like mad at the moment because for some reason I thought it was NEXT thursday....Doh !

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Is it sheet 268 Stu?? If so, ive got it here. Just runnin round like mad at the moment because for some reason I thought it was NEXT thursday....Doh !

not sure mate, give me a minute i'll go look - meanwhile, you get packing!

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm guessing that 268 is one of the explorer series? i've got OL24 (outdoor leisure series)

stuart

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
for some reason, im looking at a map of Maclesfield ! Ive GOT to calm down and get my head screwed on Stu. What i wanted was to look at some locations to gather some wood. i was thinking of using the big fire pit to cook on and i know they dont like us using their wood !
i'm guessing that 268 is one of the explorer series? i've got OL24 (outdoor leisure series)

stuart

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Just so happens ive got 2 copies of the ol24 (white peak). Is anyone coming who knows how to prepare a dutch oven? (with oil and kitchen roll i believe). Do you want me to bring my new Files (B'stard, medium, fine cut). ?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
for some reason, im looking at a map of Maclesfield ! Ive GOT to calm down and get my head screwed on Stu. What i wanted was to look at some locations to gather some wood. i was thinking of using the big fire pit to cook on and i know they dont like us using their wood !

on the wood gathering front there's a pretty big wooded area just across the road from us, that should be good for some wood collecting.

technically we're not allowed to cook in the big fire area (not sure why, scouts can be a bit odd!) but that said the rules generally seem a little flexible for us so we might be able to get away with it.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Just so happens ive got 2 copies of the ol24 (white peak). Is anyone coming who knows how to prepare a dutch oven? (with oil and kitchen roll i believe). Do you want me to bring my new Files (B'stard, medium, fine cut). ?

have a look at www.camp-cook.com for some advise about your dutch oven.

new files are always good, they always remind me of how worn down mine are!

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
anybody wany any charcloth? we've just had a bit of a sort out at home and i've got loads of old bedding to get rid of, it's either going in the bin or i can bring a load along and make some charcloth if it's of any use to anyone, i'll be making a bit for myself anyway so just shout up if you want some and i'll bring fabric for all.

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've just had a phone call from the warden up at spitewinter telling me two things - firstly he wanted to let me know that we'll be sharing the site for most of the weekend, friday night there's a load of scouts overnight, they don't arrive until about 7 and will be gone for about 10 the next morning so i doubt we'll see much of them. the ventures (mentioned in the OP) are going to be shelter building and camping on the saturday night - secondly he wanted to let me know that there's plenty of firewood there for use to use, which is nice.

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
ooo I might be able to make it fri and/or sat!

always good to see new faces, hope you can make it down for both/either nights

this is how the list looks at the moment

shaggystu (probably +1)
Elines
Cliv
dave53 (tbc)
PREPER
IntrepidStu
Ged - hopefully
Wayland (TBC)
Istvan (from Friday night till sunday)
MSkiba (friday and/or saturday TBC)

see you all soon

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE