spitewinter october 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just a quick note to confirm I am 99% certain to be there but probably won't arrive till Friday some time (in daylight though) and hope to be there till Sunday

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
99%'s pretty good mate, i'm not that certain i'll be there!

look forward to seeing you friday

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just a thought, is anyone bringing a camera along this weekend, we didn't manage to get any photo's up at all of the last meet and it'd be nice to get at least a few up this time. i'll have my little compact camera with me but it's not much of a camera, i'm not much of a photographer, and TBH i usually forget that i've even got it!

stuart

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
I'll Bring my camera as well folks. Its a bit bulky so im not lickely to forget ive got it with me..Ive got 3000 spaces on the memory card so ill snap away like mad, haha.

Stu. (maybe best to be known as Stu2 from tomorrow !)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....I usually forget to take pictures though so remind me.

we'll get a banner made "can the bearded hairy fellows please photograph the other bearded hairy fellows"

I'll Bring my camera as well folks. Its a bit bulky so im not lickely to forget ive got it with me..Ive got 3000 spaces on the memory card so ill snap away like mad, haha.

Stu. (maybe best to be known as Stu2 from tomorrow !)

3000 spaces! you'll be able to post nearly as many photo's as martin usually does!

stu2, hmmmmmm, not much of a ring to it. tell you what you stick with stu and i'll be shaggy, after all, i am.

cheers

stuart

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
I'll practice my scooby doo impression stu haha. Think ill have a shave as well so im easily recognised !
we'll get a banner made "can the bearded hairy fellows please photograph the other bearded hairy fellows"

3000 spaces! you'll be able to post nearly as many photo's as martin usually does!

stu2, hmmmmmm, not much of a ring to it. tell you what you stick with stu and i'll be shaggy, after all, i am.

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I'll practice my scooby doo impression stu haha. Think ill have a shave as well so im easily recognised !

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

don't go shaving mate, it's way too cold for that particular social convention, the next time i shave will be gemma's birthday (valentines day) and that's only because she insists on it.

i suppose i really ought to go and have a look what's in my rucksack, maybe pack a few bits for the weekend. i've just glanced at my list and so far it says "mulled wine?", hmmmmm, maybe a blanket too.

cheers

stuart

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
My god..I can barely lift my rucksack..and my food bag wieghs even more, and thats WITH dehydrated food in it haha. At least no one will starve. "Intrepid's Cafe"..got a good ring to it ! Anyway, see you tmoz Stu. Clive and I should be there for around 2.30 i think so have a brew on matey.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

don't go shaving mate, it's way too cold for that particular social convention, the next time i shave will be gemma's birthday (valentines day) and that's only because she insists on it.

i suppose i really ought to go and have a look what's in my rucksack, maybe pack a few bits for the weekend. i've just glanced at my list and so far it says "mulled wine?", hmmmmm, maybe a blanket too.

cheers

stuart

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
We haven't formalized anything, but I've heaped a big pile of things to sharpen and sharpen with on my desk at work. At the moment it looks like somebody 's emptied a skip on it. There are still a few things to remember but I plan to bring a crate full of stuff with me and I'm hoping we'll be able to sit around and natter about the stuff and practice sharpening at least some of my junk on Saturday and/or Sunday if anyone wants to. I'm unable to stay overnights this time unfortunately (don't ask) but I should be there most of the day Sat/Sun.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
My god..I can barely lift my rucksack..and my food bag wieghs even more, and thats WITH dehydrated food in it haha. At least no one will starve. "Intrepid's Cafe"..got a good ring to it ! Anyway, see you tmoz Stu. Clive and I should be there for around 2.30 i think so have a brew on matey.

awesome! intrpidstu's spitewinter cafe, are you taking orders now?

I'm heading down to Anchor first and then I should be around midday Friday.

see you friday midday gary, hope anchor don't take too much of your hard earned cash, they're good at it!

?would i be right in thinking that the thing on knife sharpening is likely to be on Saturday some time?

quite possibly chris, i don't think a date/time has been mentioned so far so saturday's as safe a bet as any

my internet's playing up so there's every chance that i might not be able to get online again before tomorrow, so if not, see you all soon.

wrap up warm, it's pretty damn cold here at the moment and spitewinter's about 150m higher up than i am here, and very exposed, it's going to be cold.

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
That's why they call it Spitewinter. :)

you know that, i know that, some folk think it's some kind of joke. i thought it might just be prudent to point out before i end up sharing my sleeping bag with some hypothermic plonker who's turned up in flip-flops and speedos carrying nowt but a mora and a toothbrush, it's not supposed to be that kind of a weekend.

stuart

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
you know that, i know that, some folk think it's some kind of joke. i thought it might just be prudent to point out before i end up sharing my sleeping bag with some hypothermic plonker who's turned up in flip-flops and speedos carrying nowt but a mora and a toothbrush, it's not supposed to be that kind of a weekend.

stuart

This will be the first time I have camped out at this time of year and will be bringing what I think will be the right gear (eg tent not the usual hammock and tarp) but if I get cold I promise not to try and snuggle up to anyone

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Tent.......ooooooh coooooold. Im in a hammock with an underblancket, sleeping bag with an extra quilt. 2 pairs marino socks, merino thermals, thermal pants..Buffalo cold weather smock...and im STILL panicking about being cold. I hope the scouts dont use all the leaf litter because i may just end up stuffing some in my thermals haha. Seriously though...It IS gonna be very very cold, so sleeping in hat, socks and gloves is on the cards.
This will be the first time I have camped out at this time of year and will be bringing what I think will be the right gear (eg tent not the usual hammock and tarp) but if I get cold I promise not to try and snuggle up to anyone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE