speed hooks used in combo with yo-yo hooks for more than just fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
And it would be great if you could post an introduction about yourself in that intro forums that you can find HERE then we get to know you a bit and conversations easier...
Thanks
T

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Don't get caught with either near a salmon river. (and there are 400 of those in Scotland) The bailiffs can confiscate all your kit and the vehicle you used to get there, as well as having you charged with poaching.
It's no joke, and the excuse of you didn't intend to use them, just have them as an incase TEOTW scenario, will gain you no leeway. The Sheriffs come down hard on this. It's not just folks livelihood but the fish stocks that are under threat. Being found with fishing kit, especially 'illegal' fishing kit, means that you lose the edge of 'innocent until proven guilty' from the start.

We know they're not illegal to own, just to use, but being near the salmon river kind of adds 'intent' to your behaviour, iimmc ?
You can catch salmon with no equipment iff you know how

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You certainly can, but it's still illegal to do so, and the forum rules clearly ask that we do not promote illegal activity.

There's also the point I made in that original post....you will risk everything you take with you, including your transport if you are found fishing or have fished without permission on those salmon rivers.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
You certainly can, but it's still illegal to do so, and the forum rules clearly ask that we do not promote illegal activity.

There's also the point I made in that original post....you will risk everything you take with you, including your transport if you are found fishing or have fished without permission on those salmon rivers.
Just go to Ireland it’s not elitist like Scotland has runs off salmon in high hundreds off thousands n it’s cheap to fish and you can take a few home with licence tags much better rivers n there very cheap to fish

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield

The river moy cost peanuts to fish n salmon run up in huge numbers then there’s the English salmon rivers iff u know we’re they are the river esk being one off them

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield

Iv promoted nothing but for what it’s worth if somebody wanted to take a salmon for the pot transport n tackle isn’t required you can take nothing

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have guddled for fish; even that's illegal....and again, if it's a salmon river and caught, then they can even claim the transport you used to get you there.

I would be remiss if I did not add that into a thread discussing such things.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The river moy cost peanuts to fish n salmon run up in huge numbers then there’s the English salmon rivers iff u know we’re they are the river esk being one off them

The relevant word is 'cost'.
I live next to a salmon river, none of the locals take the fish; they taste of diesel :rolleyes:

I have no clue about the legalities of English salmon rivers, but I suspect someone will own them.....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Last night I had Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. I learned to love it stationed there in the Coast Guard.
A lot of our work was chasing Down Russian, Taiwanese and Koreans fishing in our waters; taking EVERYTHING including seven bald eagles shot for sport hanging from the radar. We also rescued same and our own crab and fishing vessels. We had these items in arctic survival kits. A Gill net is far more efficient- where legal.
The snow crab population just crashed. It has been linked to warming waters. Salmons are declining.
I could go on all day and into the night how truly grim the natural worlds state is.
I am virtually a vegetarian on health and ethical concerns. I grew up a steak and potatoes, grab a burger for lunch and a hotdog at Chavez Ravine guy.
I would rather have Salmon in the water than gone forever.
We thought the Passenger Pigeon and Grand Banks Cod were inexhaustible too.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
I have guddled for fish; even that's illegal....and again, if it's a salmon river and caught, then they can even claim the transport you used to get you there.

I would be remiss if I did not add that into a thread discussing such things.
Offcourse tickling works so does balls off bait mixed with rotenene n fed to trout in pools not sure iff garden centre still sells it as insecticide , it comes from a root anyhows n is natural I’m not promoting anything bad though my uncle was a old school field man and countryman n you end up learning things.

• Wow
Reactions: Poacherman

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We do indeed, please just bear in mind that as a public forum, deliberately kept safe so that it can be read in schools, libraries, etc., that the usual 'disclaimers' are good to add :)

M

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Don't get caught with either near a salmon river. (and there are 400 of those in Scotland) The bailiffs can confiscate all your kit and the vehicle you used to get there, as well as having you charged with poaching.
It's no joke, and the excuse of you didn't intend to use them, just have them as an incase TEOTW scenario, will gain you no leeway. The Sheriffs come down hard on this. It's not just folks livelihood but the fish stocks that are under threat. Being found with fishing kit, especially 'illegal' fishing kit, means that you lose the edge of 'innocent until proven guilty' from the start.

We know they're not illegal to own, just to use, but being near the salmon river kind of adds 'intent' to your behaviour, iimmc ?
Not In a tidal estuary they carnt had plenty sea trout on hand lines and speed hooks 100% legally I may add Iv yet to try for a coastal salmon a trip to Ireland is needed.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Reactions: Tantalus

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
I think you need to do some reading.

"
No one may fish for salmon in rivers, estuaries or the sea within territorial limits without permission of the Crown or the party vested in the Crown rights (ie the owner of the salmon fishings). Fishing without the permission of the owner is a statutory offence.
https://fms.scot/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/190606-Legal-Freshwater-fisheries-law-in-Scotland.pdf

Freshwater Fisheries & the law in Scotland"​

A salmon n sea trout licence is only needed the ocean is everymans as it sais in the magna Carta id also like to add "this is God's land"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE