speed hooks used in combo with yo-yo hooks for more than just fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ref the YoYo's , just so you know - in the UK there is a legal caveat over their use. You need to make yourself familiar with that so you don't come unstuck.

They both work as shown and intended - The speed hooks are very quick in function.
The YoYos have been said to be capable of use to catch land mammals but thats purely hypothetical for me at this point.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
Ref the YoYo's , just so you know - in the UK there is a legal caveat over their use. You need to make yourself familiar with that so you don't come unstuck.

They both work as shown and intended - The speed hooks are very quick in function.
The YoYos have been said to be capable of use to catch land mammals but thats purely hypothetical for me at this point.
i am glad you mentioned the "legal caveat" is this for local bylaws or law in general...??

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
i am glad you mentioned the "legal caveat" is this for local bylaws or law in general...??

Have a read.

Do you want these for ongoing bushcraft activities ? or other.

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
Have a read.

Do you want these for ongoing bushcraft activities ? or other.
thank you for digging that up i really appreciate it

thus it seems plain and simple for removing rights and freedoms for price for a licence

as the saying goes

give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a day

thereby for survival no license is viable as the law of necessity take precedence

Necessity in English criminal law​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
In English law, the defence of necessity recognizes that there may be situations of such overwhelming urgency that a person must be allowed to respond by breaking the law. There have been very few cases in which the defence of necessity has succeeded, and in general terms there are very few situations where such a defence could even be applicable. The defining feature of such a defence is that the situation is not caused by another person (which would fall under either duress or self-defence) and that the accused was in genuine risk of immediate harm or danger.
For the most part crimes that could be justified as necessary are minor in nature, such as driving over the speed limit to reach medical care, or damaging property to escape a fire. In almost all cases where a serious crime has taken place, necessity is unlikely to be a successful defence as courts have mostly taken the view that directly harming another person could not be justified even by extreme circumstances unless it directly prevented immediate serious harm or death.[1] Even if a person were already likely to die, and their death would allow others to survive, killing them is not necessary until the point where harm is imminently likely to occur to the others and if that harm is not immediate, then necessity cannot apply. As such the circumstances where necessity could apply to a serious crime are extremely narrow, involving two or more people in an immediately life-threatening situation where only one could survive. Even in this situation, as the law does allow for a person not to take actions that would save another person if to do so would put their own life at risk, it is seldom strictly necessary for one person to kill another, one allowing the other to die in the course of the situation, then saving themselves.
The Crown Prosecution Service has historically chosen to exercise its discretion not to prosecute those cases where it believes potential defendants have acted reasonably in all the circumstances, and as such where necessity is a strong defence.

thereby for survival and not for recreational there be no law that will hold water [pardon the pun]

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
thank you for digging that up i really appreciate it

thus it seems plain and simple for removing rights and freedoms for price for a licence

as the saying goes

give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a day

thereby for survival no license is viable as the law of necessity take precedence

thereby for survival and not for recreational there be no law that will hold water [pardon the pun]

But , you need to accept practising bushcraft skills ISN'T a Survival situation no matter how much we would want to spin it.

Please don't get me wrong - I own the equipment for my own reasons and just want to make you aware for your own benefit t make informed opinions upon.

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
But , you need to accept practising bushcraft skills ISN'T a Survival situation no matter how much we would want to spin it.

Please don't get me wrong - I own the equipment for my own reasons and just want to make you aware for your own benefit t make informed opinions upon.
i appreciate your sentiment and intent thank you

i also appreciate the fact for practising bushcraft is different than actual survival situations

yet for having equipment in preparation for dhtf moments is better than being caught out in an emergency with no equipment

for example non mega-bright torches are better than mega-bright torches for camp work unless scouring the wood looking for survivors or signalling for help

most bushcraft skills can be learned and practised by going on courses some are free and some are paid for or in ones own garden or a friend or families garden

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
i appreciate your sentiment and intent thank you

i also appreciate the fact for practising bushcraft is different than actual survival situations

yet for having equipment in preparation for dhtf moments is better than being caught out in an emergency with no equipment

for example non mega-bright torches are better than mega-bright torches for camp work unless scouring the wood looking for survivors or signalling for help

most bushcraft skills can be learned and practised by going on courses some are free and some are paid for or in ones own garden or a friend or families garden

Right. So we have gotten to the point - these are NOT for your monthly bushy camp beside a river but the intent ( if i'm reading you correctly ) is more for a TEOWAWKI/**** scenario??

Its fine to put a few aside if that is where you interests and cocerns lie. Same as with Gill Nets...

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
Right. So we have gotten to the point - these are NOT for your monthly bushy camp beside a river but the intent ( if i'm reading you correctly ) is more for a TEOWAWKI/**** scenario??

Its fine to put a few aside if that is where you interests and cocerns lie. Same as with Gill Nets...
these would only be for dhtf [hstf] when the law of necessity is imminent for such situations

btw [bcuk] sell both in their shop reasonably priced with non-caveat mentioned see https://www.bushmoot.com/gear/yo-yo-reel and https://www.bushmoot.com/gear/speedhook

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
They do.

And as mentioned above , no one said that they were illegal, just that certain caveats apply. If you can do that - no issues.
the govern-mental-asylums oops meant institutions want folk for jumping thru their hoops

furthermore they have to prove criminal-intent and as there are none we have clean-hands so-to-speak

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't get caught with either near a salmon river. (and there are 400 of those in Scotland) The bailiffs can confiscate all your kit and the vehicle you used to get there, as well as having you charged with poaching.
It's no joke, and the excuse of you didn't intend to use them, just have them as an incase TEOTW scenario, will gain you no leeway. The Sheriffs come down hard on this. It's not just folks livelihood but the fish stocks that are under threat. Being found with fishing kit, especially 'illegal' fishing kit, means that you lose the edge of 'innocent until proven guilty' from the start.

We know they're not illegal to own, just to use, but being near the salmon river kind of adds 'intent' to your behaviour, iimmc ?

Reactions: TeeDee

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Don't get caught with either near a salmon river. (and there are 400 of those in Scotland) The bailiffs can confiscate all your kit and the vehicle you used to get there, as well as having you charged with poaching.
It's no joke, and the excuse of you didn't intend to use them, just have them as an incase TEOTW scenario, will gain you no leeway. The Sheriffs come down hard on this. It's not just folks livelihood but the fish stocks that are under threat. Being found with fishing kit, especially 'illegal' fishing kit, means that you lose the edge of 'innocent until proven guilty' from the start.

We know they're not illegal to own, just to use, but being near the salmon river kind of adds 'intent' to your behaviour, iimmc ?
The legal term in this sort of situation is 'going equipped'

Reactions: Toddy

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england

for those not travelling to wee bonny Scotland should be fine then

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
for those not travelling to wee bonny Scotland should be fine then

It might surprise you; chalk streams are favoured angling areas too, and they have keepers, etc.,
£700+ a yard to buy the riparian rights on some of those streams; folks like to protect their investment in their sport.

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE