Some New Stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
This is my latest firepiston made from water buffalo horn & Paua shell with a desert Ironwood rod, no tinder pick this time but does have a lube & tinder chamber.
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

What do ya think?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Thats lovely :D .... I really like the idea of having somewhere for the spare lube to go as well as the tinder.

Fantastic work mate, well done :)

Ed

Pele's Fire

Feb 5, 2006
Hawaii
Looks great! the paua shell really makes it pop. I wonder if you could use O rings instead of cork? You're pushing the envelope yet again. I am just waiting for a brass one made by you! :D

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
Thanks everyone!

Groovesky...Yes that is cork lining.

Pele's Fire...A O ring cap seal, that might be next on my to do list. (Its ever growing :) ) A brass piston. Yea I can do that for you!

Firemaker-Darrel

Pele's Fire

Feb 5, 2006
Hawaii
Thank you in advance for feeding my need for fire! I took one of your pistons to work & the response I got was you must have been one of those kids who played with fire. :lmao:

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
First question, what are O-Rings?

Secondly, how about a tutorial on how to make them? Would be good!

Personally I'm amazed this method of fire starting works. Does it only take one whack?

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
Pele's Fire:

I was one of those kids that played with fire...:naughty: ..caught a hallway on fire when I was a kid.
My mom was REAL proud of my discovery. :nono: :sulkoff: I was a bit of a pyro when I was a kid. :D

Biddlesboy:
YUP! Only one whack, usually. On occasion it may take two or three but almost all the feedback I recieve, coal is achieved on first whack. For some there is a trial and error period before figured out just how to whack it right but it only takes a few whacks to get the techique down since it is so easy.

The O ring seal is just a rubber ring that is used for the gasket seal in place of the traditional string. It is slightly easier to use than the string and provides more compression. It is compression that makes it work and the deisel engine was designed after this tool.

Here is a piston I designed with two rods: one traditional gasket string and the other an O ring for those who want to try both models.

Picture1706052335.jpg

piston.jpg

Firemaker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE