Sog Revolver-H review -lots of pics-

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Welcome to BCUK firstly socintel :) .

Nice review of Robbies knife it looks like a good tool. Could you keep us posted on this knife as it would be interesting to hear how wear and tear effect the lock over time and in varying conditions :) .

At a later date I will try to get a good look at one in the flesh as although reviews are good you can't beat the feel of the knife in your hand.

This is just my opinion and that is I would prefer a drop point rather than a clip or a knife with a a gut hook (I am not a fan of gut hooks).

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Socintel, welcome over here, these are a nice bunch of people over here. Beautiful pics on that review, thank you.

However.........over here in the UK, they seem to have accepted the Revolver knife, (maybe :p ).......... but the gut hook has to go............... :eek:

Robbie Roberson ;)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Robbie Roberson said:
However.........over here in the UK, they seem to have accepted the Revolver knife, (maybe :p ).......... but the gut hook has to go............... :eek:

Robbie Roberson ;)
Is the gut hook accepted in the states more than here Robbie?
Also, perhaps you're talking to the 'wrong' crowd when it comes to gut hooks on this forum.
Bushcrafters generally want an allround strong knife and taking a chunk of metal out of it near the tip has got to weaken it.
Most of the people here will use a knife for all sorts of things, and although a lot of us shoot, there aren't really the animals roaming around the UK where a gut hook may come into it's own. If you were talking on a purely stalking forum the answer might :)confused: but I'm not convinced :confused: ) be different.

Cheers

Mark

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
As a fellow colonist, I vote to lose the guthook. Don't like 'em. Never did. Don't care how many pencils you can sharpen with them. ;) I'd get one of these puppies if they made it without both the guthook and serrations.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Buckshot, the gut hook is very accepted in the USA, but I think it's split right down the middle.........maybe. :)

There are those that feel like most of you all do over here. But then there are some, (mostly hunters) that will not do without it.

Oh how I wish I could make exactly what everyone has mentioned over here. A nice drop point, with a great wood saw, in about a 4 inch blade and handle. One that would work as well as your favorites, but then saw as well as your 4 inch saws.

Hoodoo, I hope you do get to try one out, it is a neat knife.

Maybe this will happen, I sure hope so........... :D

Robbie Roberson ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE