Sleeping bag recommendations??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Im with arctic hobo on this one, if its synthetic and I have to carry it, my favorite is Nanok. Good quality, good design and reasonable price.

Brian

neo_wales2000

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2004
wales uk
"MEN WANTED FOR HAZARDOUS JOURNEY. SMALL WAGES, BITTER COLD, LONG MONTHS OF COMPLETE DARKNESS, CONSTANT DANGER, SAFE RETURN DOUBTFUL. HONOR AND RECOGNITION IN CASE OF SUCCESS."

The advert Shakleton was supposed to have posted to attract candidates for his 1914 Antarctic trip

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I don't know the size of the -10, but from Trek Direct they're £100.

"MEN WANTED FOR HAZARDOUS JOURNEY. SMALL WAGES, BITTER COLD, LONG MONTHS OF COMPLETE DARKNESS, CONSTANT DANGER, SAFE RETURN DOUBTFUL. HONOR AND RECOGNITION IN CASE OF SUCCESS." The advert Shakleton was supposed to have posted to attract candidates for his 1914 Antarctic trip

Yep: it's also the essence of what I say to my friends when I try and drag them off on more arctic expeditions (They aren't really of an outdoorsy bent :cry: )

I take it you like Nanok then Rev Norwegian Spruce ??

You might even call me the Rev Norwegian Spruce "Nanok" Hobo :eek:): They are the best :super:

Ok guys I'm convinced. I've ordered the Nanok Endurance SF-10 Snuggly warm Dave this winter

Good man! You'll love it :biggthump

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Goodness yes, the Endurance -25 It's my favourite bit of kit in the world, excepting my bearskin and possibly my Scarpa SL's. Very very very good... I can go on all day :roll: :super:
Thinking of buying a -10 for this summer :eek:):

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I'm with Dave, just bought a -25 from Trekdirect tonight, made me a special "For Carlo Only" product, which was the -25, minus the VAT and correct shipping, £125...nice!

Hope it's good... otherwise i'm going to get you Hobo ;)
( i'm sure it's excellent )

Just hope it's here before Chrimbo now!

Cheers ;)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
when is the ETA GC? i have found TrekDirect to be very quick!!

(Tony perhaps you could negotiate a BCUK special on this befor i buy one :eek:): )

anyone know how big it is yet?

now is it the -25 or the -10?

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
didn't give me an eta, but it's around christmas so i'm not expecting miracles... last time i got my laplander / GB SFA from them it was only a week i think.
I am off the mainland though, so that's usually and extra day.

not sure what the pack size is, (i'll measure when it's down)
weight is nearly 3kg though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE