Shwmae from Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 31, 2017
Wales
Hi folks :)

My name is Jules (female version not male), I'm in the South West area of Wales.

I only joined the group a few days ago so still reading through many of the posts (especially the ones on knives). I've never been a girly girl and to this day don't own a skirt, dress or any foot wear that doesn't come under the 'hiking book' or trainers category'. A pic below (hopefully, if it worked) shows the two latest pairs of boots I've just brought, they're from the Soldier of Fortune site.

I spent about 20+ years of my life outdoors, but haven't been able too over the last decade due to various reasons and now after years of really putting my body through the ringer with long distance walking (20 - 30 miles a day for example), bushcrafting, mountaineering, teaching 12-18 yr olds military skills, my body has retaliated and given me osteoarthritis in all of my main joints.

Waiting to see if we get some summer, ya know, one or two days ;) then the warmth may allow me to get out and about again. Did manage a short trip to a fairly hidden site in Neath not so long back so I could update some basic bushcrafting skills.

My best mate has just gone this morning to Llyn Brianne till Thursday. He hikes there from the train station nearest Henfron. If you've seen him around on here, you may know him as Bishop.

Its good to read what others post in here so I can update and hone my skills again before getting back out there. Just brought a new Opinel but as it didn't come with a sheath, so talked my best bud into making me a sheath for it :D

My boots (if the links worked properly)
pic.twitter.com/CK7pgCwaFC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSHy-0rAgHL/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE