Rough Close ~ November'11 ~ TORM Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Thanks, yes I'll have a kip mat, just that I remember reading somewhere on here that RC had a reputation for not draining too well when soggy* conditions were to the fore

(* No R word either)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Ha ha, Rain Close! This is an attempt to take the pressure off Andy 2112 so Phil doesn't get more mileage than a Goodyear tyre out of the gag! I'll put my head on the block...

It'll be grand I reckon, ground dwelling worked well for me in this area last time in September and I plan on repeating the ground dwelling this time round with my posh new sleeping set up. Can't wait!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I remember reading somewhere on here that RC had a reputation for not draining too well when soggy* ...

That's pretty accurate :lmao: . It's been an odd year on site as it's been so 'lack of 'R'' that the ponds on and next to the site have almost been dust bowls :yikes: ~ and _in theory_ this should mean that the recent soggyness should spread out and dissipate quite nicely.

:lmao: But ... I'll have an IPK down to put stuff on :lmao:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sorry guys, cant make this one... Jimbo.

Unfortunately I am (again) unable to get to this meet. Perhaps next time. Enjoy yourselves.
Alan

Sorry to hear that chaps ~ but thanks for letting us know :)

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Meet List:

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (Friday and Saturday only)
Wayland - Arriving late.
Priam (+ 1)
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Turbogirl (+1)(both TBC)
Bodge + Adam
SimonD (TBC)
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)
Treadlightly

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

decorum ~ a few odds and ends, a Swedish pack or two, a couple of M90 mountain parkas (& Room-dolf for Martin)
Sasquatch-All Arms Brit Issue Bergen, HH Dutch Issue Fleece(L), Brit Issue DPM Fleece(XL), Brit Issue Wool jumper(L), small axe, posh Italian furry bomber hat, DPM map case, etc.
TURBOGIRL- kidney exMod mugs, old waxed coat (L adult) & 9-10yr camo overalls- WANTED Beginners knifemaking/ leatherwork books, adult & older childs folding chair, all can be well used Plz let me know so I don't replicate before the meet!
MartinK9 - woodlores, boots, desert DPM... etc
TinkyPete - Got a few bit and bobs to sell too.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i'm not going to make it either fellas :(

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Meet List:

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
Wayland - Arriving late.
Priam (+ 1)
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Turbogirl (+1)(both TBC)
Bodge + Adam
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)
Treadlightly

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

decorum ~ a few odds and ends, a Swedish pack or two, a couple of M90 mountain parkas (& Room-dolf for Martin)
Sasquatch-All Arms Brit Issue Bergen, HH Dutch Issue Fleece(L), Brit Issue DPM Fleece(XL), Brit Issue Wool jumper(L), small axe, posh Italian furry bomber hat, DPM map case, etc.
TURBOGIRL- kidney exMod mugs, old waxed coat (L adult) & 9-10yr camo overalls- WANTED Beginners knifemaking/ leatherwork books, adult & older childs folding chair, all can be well used Plz let me know so I don't replicate before the meet!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i'm not going to make it either fellas :(

Meet List:

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
Wayland - Arriving late.
Priam (+ 1)
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Turbogirl (+1)(both TBC)
Bodge + Adam
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)
Treadlightly

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

ahh mate thats a shame as you are greatr companey, hiopefully will see you at the northwood mate.
take care si
lee.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Possibility I might be able to make this on Saturday, even if not overnight..

Meet List:

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
Wayland - Arriving late.
Priam (+ 1)
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Turbogirl (+1)(both TBC)
Bodge + Adam
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)
Treadlightly
Andy BB - possibly...

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
( :eek: Now that life has slowed a little and I've finally caught up with myself :eek: )

Thanks to all who turned out and made for another great weekend :cool: ~ it was good to catch up with the usual suspects, those who are swiftly becoming almost like the furniture and also to meet new faces :) .
A good wedge of attendees disappearing to enjoy TORM and now know why I arrange the November Meet to coincide with the event ;) :lmao:. It was good to catch up with Mary and Russ. Mary, you're a star :thankyou: and I hope you both enjoyed your trip out to visit us.

... I am organising a 'Whiskey evening' for that weekend ...
?? A 48 hour whiskey evening ?? :yikes: :notworthy . Oh, and have you worked out what we had done to your chair yet?

... and you all putting up with a noobs frequent mistakes, kindly correcting or pointing out with humour....
Have you not noticed the mickey taking when when one of us supposedly experienced bods has an embarrassing fail ;) . It's also common for us to ask each other the really bone questions so that we can take best advantage of what someone else is trying to do :cool: .

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
( :eek: ?? A 48 hour whiskey evening ?? :yikes: :notworthy . Oh, and have you worked out what we had done to your chair yet?

Well ... the whiskey evening is on Saturday so I will be preparing Friday and Saturday and will still be emotional on Sunday.

Re the chair, I thought that either:
  • you had done absolutely nothing and were just trying to wind me up to think that you had done something and wanted me to spend a lot of time looking for something that wasn't there, or
  • I did consider that you had moved it along a bit and not actually done anything to the chair
Failing either of those then , no haven't worked it out - do tell.:)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
All I can tell you about what happened is that I didn't do anything to it :angel: .

?so that means the options are:
  1. nothing was done to the chair or
  2. something was done to the chair but by someone else or
  3. something was done by you to the general space around where I was sitting or
  4. something was done by someone else to the general space around where I was sitting or
  5. a combination of 2,3 and 4
I am thinking of reporting you all to the Equal Opportunities Commission (is it fair to still call it that?) for taking advantage of a decrepit old man with a weak bladder who is drinking beer:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I am thinking of reporting you all to the Equal Opportunities Commission (is it fair to still call it that?) for taking advantage of a decrepit old man with a weak bladder who is drinking beer:)

Ah, but not taking advantage* on the basis of having greater age would be age-ist and therefore illegal :p

* But, as I did nothing I didn't and it wasn't :confused: :)p).

They said it wasn't them either!:)

:rofl:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Ok well (because I am an idle b*st*rd) the chair is still in the car so I will be sorting my stuff out tomorrow and will have a look at it - if I can't see anything I will give in and ask

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok well (because I am an idle b*st*rd) the chair is still in the car so I will be sorting my stuff out tomorrow and will have a look at it - if I can't see anything I will give in and ask

Good luck... but how will you know what was done to your chair (if anything was done) if you've disturbed it by moving it :rolleyes:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Good luck... but how will you know what was done to your chair (if anything was done) if you've disturbed it by moving it :rolleyes:

Well I have a cunning plan - I will get myself into suspended animation and leave instructions for me to be re-activated when a time machine has been invented. I will then return to watch what you did while I was having a p**, and then tell myself what it was.

(NB now wait to see my next post on this thread for the answer)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Perhaps the chair has been transformed with woodland skill into a tardis.... I expect to be awoken with the sound of splitting branches and a smug looking Chris :) Thank you btw, neighbour, for your valuable moral and practical support on fridays set-up =)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE