Really! What?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
I know this has been around for a while now, but I've not heard from anyone that can tell me what the hell the makers of this were thinking. It's totally unusable as far as I can see. Say you needed one of the knives positioned in the middle; you find it, flick it out and... and then what, exactly? How would you hold it in order to use it properly? :dunno:

wengergiantswissarmykniyg2.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I think it is more of a demo piece than a 'user' mate - kinda 'look at all the options we provide' :D

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
I think it is more of a demo piece than a 'user' mate - kinda 'look at all the options we provide' :D

Ray Mears was given one as a present when he appeared on Richard and Judy's new show. His face was a picture. It was even funnier when Richard told him off for not saying thanks :lmao:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Prestige showpieces of this type are not a new idea.

Buck and Ryan in London have an early English made version.

I always find it funny that people think that these pieces are made for actual use. (No disrespect intended).

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
LOL .... Brilliant!

About 6th from the right looks like a mini butchers steel, Great for sharpening the main blade I would think,

Just fold out the steel and carfully fold out the blade then rub the................................. hang on a min:lmao: :cool: :22: ;) :beerchug:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
The small red device just above the caribiner is in fact a patented Wenger fold out, self inflating rupture truss, for those people who wish to carry this ideal practical knife about their person. Not a lot of people know that... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE